Sponsored

swapping out the engine

6genson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th ann
Hello, New to this forum. I was interested in taking out the engine and tranny out of my 50th ann gt . Was wondering what the process of swapping that set up into another car would look like. Would also like to include the paddle shifters into the swap . how is the process of taking out the engine , i'm a beginner at most when it comes to working on cars but i would like his project to be my first :ford: .Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Great first post. Welcome.

Just unbolt it all. Then fab up new mounts for the other car you're putting it in...bolt it back in. Any beginner should easily be able to pull this off.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Great first post and welcome +1,

Pretty wide open question, what vehicle are you planning on swapping the 5.0 from your 50th anniversary into?

Most powertrain swaps are fairly complicated, you may want to consider not...swapping it and just enjoy your 50th Anniversary S550

Nick C.

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT PP Competition Orange
This is for sure not something for a novice to do. Start with something simpler first and work your way up to a complete drive train swap. Maybe do a full exhaust or something on the S550 to get your feet wet.

Sponsored

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
Just buy a crate motor for the other vehicle and then pay someone to do it. I attempted one in an S197 and it was the biggest mistake I've ever made. Trust me, it's a fun idea, but unless you need a really specific racing application, it's a black hole of time, energy, money, and sanity.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Hello, New to this forum. I was interested in taking out the engine and tranny out of my 50th ann gt . Was wondering what the process of swapping that set up into another car would look like. Would also like to include the paddle shifters into the swap . how is the process of taking out the engine , i'm a beginner at most when it comes to working on cars but i would like his project to be my first :ford: .Any advice would be greatly appreciated
You got me for a good second!

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Someone is already unhappy with their new Gen6 Camaro.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP

Just unbolt it all. Then fab up new mounts for the other car you're putting it in...bolt it back in. Any beginner should easily be able to pull this off.
Ha Haaaa!!!! This had me laughing. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55

OK, that was funny!:D

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
A 50th anniversary edition on huh..... Why not just rip it out of your GT350 R.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You can remove a loose tooth by wrapping a string around it and tying the other end to a door knob and waiting.

Same technique works for removing any car engine. Wrap a chain around the engine several times then fasten the other end of the chain to something really solid with lots of slack in the chain. Then throw it into reverse and nail the throttle.

Same basic technique also works for removing the front clip:

[ame]

Last edited:

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto