Sponsored

Swapped from Lund to Palm Beach Dyno

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Hello all,
Thought I'd type up a quick review of my experiences with both companies and the end result. I made the swap to Ken Bjonnes after installing some larger injectors I had picked up. Lund wanted an extra fee to retune the vehicle so I went another route.
I will say this that Ken was easier to deal with and didn't seem like I was bugging him like Jon seems to come off like. Although it took longer for Ken to get my tune dialed in, I feel the tune is much better overall than Lund's. Ken did finish the WOT revisions on the first day, but it took about 5 days after to finalize the cruising logs.
I wont fault him for that though.
So first and foremost, the pedal feel is now a lot more linear.
Power doesnt just seem to feel like a lightswitch anymore. With lund i could give partial throttle and you'd hear the car accelerate lightly and there was a point where it then just starts screaming. Ken is smooth all the way through, the car really drives a lot better.
MPG!!
So I'm only halfway down my second tank, but holy crap. I went from mid-high 14's low 15's to high 18's low 19's on average.
Substantial difference for sure. I do some mixed city and freeway driving. I'm not going WOT everywhere and being a douchebag or accelerating too harshly. Most of my driving is pretty calm actually. This was a real unexpected bonus for sure!
And lastly, the power difference. It's nothing I can feel on the street as of yet because I can't hook-up regardless, but as for dyno numbers they only vary slightly. My lund tune was done on a Dynojet which typically read higher than load bearing dyno's and I made a whopping 696whp at 12PSI with 16º timing. I had the car tuned on a load bearing dyno(like a mustang dyno) and it cranked out 711whp at 12PSI with 19º of timing.
I can't wait to get more parts so I can actually get some track time and see how she does. But for now, the car drives better, gets better gas mileage and makes more power than I was a few weeks ago. For those that are on the fence as to what tuner to go with, Palm beach without question.
I'd like to thank [MENTION=9610]jayman33[/MENTION] for the dyno time up with Hypermotive
Sponsored

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
great feedback I'm going with Ken as soon as i swap over to a real Fuel system. Thanks for the post OP

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I think your the first person to say that. Which is good. This forum seems to be all over Lund racing like he is the only good tuner. There are many out there that do a great job. Palm beach, aed, livernois etc. thanks for the write up. More power and better mpg csnt beat that lol

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Awesome bro.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Thanks for sharing this. Drivability is so important and the most difficult and time consuming task when tuning. ken at PBM :hail:

Sponsored

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I also decided to go with PBD this time instead of Lund. Nothing against Lund, just wanted a different tuner this time. Even though it's a completely different sc system, my car also feels a lot better all around then my previous Lund tuned car did. The car is smooth even at low speeds, no surging or bucking. I felt like my old car would buck at low speeds when lightly applying the throttle. I got a PC d1 stage 2 kit this time instead of previous HO kit with a p1 and I can feel a pretty big difference. I'm still on the stock pp pirellis which is horrible but even third is losing traction and it feels awesome/scary haha. I have a dyno appt on Monday morning so cant wait to see what it puts down. Although he's very busy, Ken has worked with me closely and answered all my questions. I'd highly reccommend Ken @ Palm Beach Dyno.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Sucks to hear some of you have surging and bucking issues. My car drives like stock so far. I also have to thank Mak Performance for a flawless install. Go to guys in south florida.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sorry to hear about your issues. We've tuned at least 50 s550's with Lund and they always drive great. I wouldn't run 19 degrees of timing at that power level on 93 octane.. the extra 15-20hp isn't worth the risk.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Obsol3te

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
You've said it yourself that the vmp/tvs/Whipple boys are given more timing than when I originally got mine tuned. You were a little ticked off by it. I haven't heard of any Palm Beach Dyno blowing up any car issues either. I'm sure it's more than a 15-20hp increase, different types of dynos on different days. You'll tend to make less on a mustang dyno vs a dynojet

Major League Infidel

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 CO GT PP
You can't go wrong with a PBD tune. We finalized my E tune a while back but since it's kinda off time right now we're working the 91 tune. He's awesome to work with. He's got my Whipple dialed in.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sorry to say, I'm just doing an NA e85 tune with Ken right now for my headers and sniper.....But lurking for a few months gave me time to realize who I would work great with me. He seemed to be the guy.

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I also switched from Lund to PBD. I am not going to give my reasons why I did, but I have reasons. Lund is a great company though.

GT_Tommy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
TVS Supercharged Premium PP
How has the switch from the Ngauge to the SCT X4 been? Livable? Any features of the Ngauage that are hard to live without?
Sponsored