Threads
Reaction score
First Name
cog
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt convertible
Can always swap it back when time to sell
[/QUOT
OP. I see you list the UK in your info........sadly, for you, all UK 2018+ come with the digital dash and there is no "base" car, unless you go for a pre-facelift model (2015-2017)
That explains why I've never seen one.
I like everything about the 2018+, autosteer, auto brake, direct injection engine.
Gutted I can't retrofit the analog dash either now.
Sponsored

OP
OP

cognum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
cog
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt convertible
Wonder if I could cover the digital dials and stick some obd analog ones on top.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
....its getting worse if anything. So dash got to go or the car has to. I feel like there's no other option if I want to get anywhere without a head ache.
It's not your dash.

It's allergies.

OP
OP

cognum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
cog
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt convertible
It's not your dash.

It's allergies.
It probably is. I've tried changing my diet. Cutting sugar has helped a bit but there is definitely a problem with myself that I have to eventually fix.
Its obviously not the dash thats faulty because most people don't have a problem with it.
But for the immediate time I'll need to find a different solution or car.

Thanks for everyone's input, its helped me understand what to do next.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
People told me I couldn't put an 18 up cluster in my 17. It plugged in and worked fine. I needed forscan to get rid of a parking warning and to turn on the high beam head light indicator and set the miles. Very simple stuff.

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I've tried a lot of different filters. Blue blockers, fl41 and grade 1 welding filters help for short journeys under 20 mins, then after that I had problems.
Do you know any brands? I had to start using a projector for work, I can't use an lcd screen. My phone is Eink, I appreciate not many people have this problem, appreciate the suggestions.
Idk any brands, I just know my wife uses the blue blocker type. Best of luck to you, I'd swap out for an analog over getting rid of my car. Or even add an ngauge & read my speed with that.

SPQRROMANSPQR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Also curious to know if anyone can confirm you can remove the digital dash in a 401 equipped car and put in a 400 analog dash and only need to code it. Im in market / shopping for a S550 and would prefer a 18+ 401 car for the memory seats but want the analog gauges instead of digital dash. The 15-17s have analog gauges with memory seats but for other reasons id want the 18+ face lift gen 3 vs gen 2.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It'd be cheaper to just rescind the driving privilege of the additional party. 😄

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'm pretty sure it will work. I put the gen 3 analog cluster in my 17, I wanted the increased red line on the gauge, bonus was I now have a digital speedometer in the center of the dash if I select it. I didn't have to do any programming. I plugged it in and it worked. I did use ForScan to get rid of a warning for a parking sensor my car does not have and I had to program the high beam indicator.
Sponsored