Sponsored

Surprised on weight, Base PP with KB

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
So i finally caved and decided to hit the local certified scale in the area. I was expecting the car to just be more of a pig than it was but after I saw the ticket I was pleasantly surprised.

My 15 base model GT with PP and the mods in my signature with just over a half tank of gas weighing in at 3770

I would've never thought this pig was under 4k with driver. Granted it's not MUCH under 4k, i'd be around 3980, but still im happy with it.

After I get the driveline squared away and hitting the track regularly i'll start focusing more on weight loss. Seats, crash bars, hopefully some tubular components if theyre out by then, etc.
Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
So i finally caved and decided to hit the local certified scale in the area. I was expecting the car to just be more of a pig than it was but after I saw the ticket I was pleasantly surprised.

My 15 base model GT with PP and the mods in my signature with just over a half tank of gas weighing in at 3770

I would've never thought this pig was under 4k with driver. Granted it's not MUCH under 4k, i'd be around 3980, but still im happy with it.

After I get the driveline squared away and hitting the track regularly i'll start focusing more on weight loss. Seats, crash bars, hopefully some tubular components if theyre out by then, etc.
Dude you need to go on a diet:lol: Really that is encouraging, because the twin Screw setups get ragged on here constantly for being pigs:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Obsol3te

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Dude you need to go on a diet:lol: Really that is encouraging, because the twin Screw setups get ragged on here constantly for being pigs:thumbsup:
No way man, i've been lifting for over a decade now. Finally able to put on some decent weight.

And thats the reason I thought my car would be heavier. The PD mentality that its just huge and weighs a boatload.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
No way man, i've been lifting for over a decade now. Finally able to put on some decent weight.

And thats the reason I thought my car would be heavier. The PD mentality that its just huge and weighs a boatload.
LOL...alright but at least lay off the legs for weight savings:headbang:

OP
OP
Obsol3te

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Forgot you're in NE, i was just up there with the car a week or so ago on emergency leave.
Didn't really get to do anything fun though. But god damn do I miss new england back roads.

Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I'm guessing a premium GTPP would be similar in weight without the KB or other PD systems.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Forgot you're in NE, i was just up there with the car a week or so ago on emergency leave.
Didn't really get to do anything fun though. But god damn do I miss new england back roads.
Yeah you weren't even close to my neck of the woods buddy. Try end of route 1 Fort kent Maine, Northern most point on the east coast. Where were you?

OP
OP
Obsol3te

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I'm guessing a premium GTPP would be similar in weight without the KB or other PD systems.
Don't know, maybe 100+heavier? You have more gadgets and doodads.
I figured i'd post the weight because I don't see it too often. I was curious, so im sure others are probably as well

OP
OP
Obsol3te

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Yeah you weren't even close to my neck of the woods buddy. Try end of route 1 Fort kent Maine, Northern most point on the east coast. Where were you?
North Eastern MA/Southern NH.
You didn't say you were Canadian

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
For reference my 16 base gt with the whipple was 3,752 without me in it. 1/2 tank fuel, dss axles, resonator delete.

Sponsored

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt, 2008 Z06
I am close i have a house on Sly Brook rd in Eagle Lake

OP
OP
Obsol3te

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I probably should've asked prior, but I wonder how the weight compares between power adders and packages

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I am close i have a house on Sly Brook rd in Eagle Lake
That's crazy, come by the bridge I work at Costoms.
I probably should've asked prior, but I wonder how the weight compares between power adders and packages
I'm gonna weight my car soon, but I've got some heavy as shit audio equipment I'm dragging around.

OP
OP
Obsol3te

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
That's crazy, come by the bridge I work at Costoms.

I'm gonna weight my car soon, but I've got some heavy as shit audio equipment I'm dragging around.
Well, it's your daily, as is mine.
You gotta have your creature comforts. Even though i'd like some lighter seats, i probably shouldnt the way my back is. Flying helicopters destroyed my lower back

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Well, it's your daily, as is mine.
You gotta have your creature comforts. Even though i'd like some lighter seats, i probably shouldnt the way my back is. Flying helicopters destroyed my lower back
Flying choppers, was you crash landing them CH46's:eyebulge:
Sponsored