Sponsored

Supporting mods for supercharged 5.0

Offsetz33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Whipple Mustang
I also bought a used modified car recently - is there any way to tell if the opgs have been done without completely tearing it all down? Mine has a lot of the supporting mods already and is low miles, but not knowing the full history makes everything more difficult

Miked81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt
I also bought a used modified car recently - is there any way to tell if the opgs have been done without completely tearing it all down? Mine has a lot of the supporting mods already and is low miles, but not knowing the full history makes everything more difficult
Unfortunately no, I'm doing that with mine now. Better to be safe than sorry

OP
OP
Mikes_Slow5oh

Mikes_Slow5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
It will never see a track. First of all I don’t have the time and secondly I just don’t have time. I will do a few pulls here and there and play around with it but I won’t be beating on it all the time. The occasional 140 pull will really be about it. To be completely honest it will be more of a dyno queen than anything. Just being honest here.

Sponsored

Miked81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt
Nothing wrong with that it's your car do what makes you happy đź‘Š

jpjr501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - Procharged
You're on the right track here with a blower. I don't see an aftermarket fuel system and you're at the level where it's good insurance to have.

Most of use a Fore Innovations two or three pump return style fuel system. Throw id1050x injectors in so you can run E85. After that I'd work on the suspension.

If you don't know if it has Oil Pump Gears, again you're at the power level where most people would change them out for Boundary, MMR, TSS, Ford Performance brands to name a few. Unless you know it's been done then you're good to go. Go get that fuel system then retune the car and make a fat number on E85.

OP
OP
Mikes_Slow5oh

Mikes_Slow5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
You're on the right track here with a blower. I don't see an aftermarket fuel system and you're at the level where it's good insurance to have.

Most of use a Fore Innovations two or three pump return style fuel system. Throw id1050x injectors in so you can run E85. After that I'd work on the suspension.

If you don't know if it has Oil Pump Gears, again you're at the power level where most people would change them out for Boundary, MMR, TSS, Ford Performance brands to name a few. Unless you know it's been done then you're good to go. Go get that fuel system then retune the car and make a fat number on E85.
I was looking at doing a return style fuel system and going E85. Would a flex fuel kit be a better option?

jpjr501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - Procharged
I was looking at doing a return style fuel system and going E85. Would a flex fuel kit be a better option?
Not on our cars, its one or the other. You'll need different tunes. However, after 700 you should be moving away from 93 and only running E85. I will never run 93 in my car ever at 780 wheel. Direct Injection, 12.0:1 Compression and over 10 pounds of boost, E85 is the only option.

Just for insurance. I test E85 at my local station and its usually right at 75-80%. If this is a bit watered down, the 93 Octane is not 93 Octane so you don't want to risk it.
Sponsored