Sponsored

Supercharger warranty claims?

65ffr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Ram 1500, '65 FFR Cobra
Has anyone actually submitted a claim on engine/supercharger damage on a supercharger warranty? I see Ford Racing, Roush, Whipple and others offering warranties, but the verbiage of said warranties seems to give the companies many outs for paying up (don't cover "abuse", "preparation for, and/or racing", "overloading", etc).

I'd like to know if claims are being reimbursed or denied.
Sponsored

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Our tech dept guys also handle the warranty stuff. I can honestly say I've never seen any sketchy denials etc. Biggest reasons I've seen are guys that change pulleys, do long tubes and run fuel additives.

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Our tech dept guys also handle the warranty stuff. I can honestly say I've never seen any sketchy denials etc. Biggest reasons I've seen are guys that change pulleys, do long tubes and run fuel additives.
Kyle, just a quick question I am thinking of installing your guys setup. Question the reasons you are giving for denial is that due to the car no longer having your guys tune on it? Just wanting a little clarification on it please good sir.

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Exactly, its a little unrealistic to expect somebody to warranty a calibration that is not their own, we've all heard the custom tuning horror stories. Same way Ford motor company doesn't warranty our own even with all the stuff we do with them.

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Exactly, its a little unrealistic to expect somebody to warranty a calibration that is not their own, we've all heard the custom tuning horror stories. Same way Ford motor company doesn't warranty our own even with all the stuff we do with them.
Do you guys offer tunes for smaller pulleys? That is understandable good sir just wanted clarification.

Sponsored

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
We do not however we offer the upgrade kits down the road IE Phase 1 to 2, 2 to 3 1 to 3 etc. I cant speak as for what kind of warranty will or will not be offered on the upgrades for 2015 just yet.

OP
OP
65ffr

65ffr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Ram 1500, '65 FFR Cobra
Thanks for the info Kyle

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
Some manufacturers and salesman will tell you that the kit is capable of say 800rwhp but they fail to make it clear that you only get that reliably after you spend another $20,000 in upgrades. And lots of earily adopters who push their motors all expect to build the motor soon. If you're thinking "warranty" I would say you aren't one of them so stick exactly to what manufacturers gives you and be happy.

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
I can say we'll never give somebody the impression you can make 800+ with all stock components and expect any sort of longevity.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Thanks for straight up answers Kyle.

now talk Roush into color matching blowers like Whipple. Why I'm leaning towards Whipple, Granted you have 4 years to make the change then I will be able to but on the supercharger at around 12,000 miles on car. No mods until it's paid of with my hard work earning a weekly check.