Supercharged Mustang on track?

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
@Darthmayxj

Did you blow the motor after March when we ran at COTA?
I honestly think the motor was a little hurt before our event we went to. COTA just finished it off. I didnt want to have have issues like Christian had so I did a built block. Its more than good now :)
Sponsored

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my Whipple in May running Whipple tune. I've always wanted one so decided to do it. I put about 4200 track miles before I had it installed. I run the 3.75 pulley. Cooling is the biggest issue. On hotter days I keep it at a lower RPM. 10/6-7 I was seeing water temps up to 252 with oil temps to 260. Weather was 91 high and 75 low. 11/3-4 my highest temps were at 232. Weather was 77 high and 54 low. A GT500 was seeing 212 in Nov. I also have a Mishimoto oil cooler installed. A heat extractor hood would help for hotter days. I plan on running with a 4.0 pulley to lower boost. Should help with the temps.
I did a full fuel system to be able to do e85 and high boost for playing around. Track days ill be doing the 3.75 and e85. Also looking to do the KHOR motorsports hood. https://www.kohrmotorsports.com/product/s550-kohr-carbon-fiber-race-hood/
Did you get yours isntalled at Beefcake like you were talking about?

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I run a TT at 7psi for track days. Also use a 50/50 e85 mix to keep KR under control. I think 600 to 650hp is great for track, it puts you in the same power league as ZO6, ZL1 and ACR.

Someone already said it, you will need to do everything you can to shed heat if you run at tracks with hard running, like COTA. Keeping rpm down is a great way to cool engine when it gets to +248.

Also note that the double/ triple fuel hats like Fore ones SUCK on the road course. You will probably experience fuel surge with an aftermarket fuel system. Consider getting a surge tank to solve the problem.
Sponsored