Sponsored

Suggestions on how to secure Flossy Knob (w/o loctite)

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Has anybody had any success securing any aftermarket shifter knob without the use of loctite. I like to have the option of removing in the future.

Oddly I had it on the car for about 10 months without it, just using a very basic locking nut (provided with flossy knob) and it started to come loose. I have tried to reinstall the same way as last time but now the locking nut just spins along with the knob every time I try to put it on....

Also if I were to use loctite how do you get it on the exact right position before it solidifes in place?? In my experience i have had to take it slow and gone through trial and error before getting it to align properly and by the time you have it aligned there is no way to mark it because it is under the knob.
Sponsored

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
You should use blue loctite, which is medium strength. Loctite takes about 30 minutes to set, so what I suggest you do is when you park your car for the night, place loctite on the threads and screw down the knob as far as you want and orient it how you want. Over night it will solidify and should be locked in place. If you ever need to take the knob off, you can just twist it off (with some effort). Don't use red loctite as that stuff takes a lot of effort to take off, sometimes even ruining threads during removal.

OP
OP
AttiS550

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
You should use blue loctite, which is medium strength. Loctite takes about 30 minutes to set, so what I suggest you do is when you park your car for the night, place loctite on the threads and screw down the knob as far as you want and orient it how you want. Over night it will solidify and should be locked in place. If you ever need to take the knob off, you can just twist it off (with some effort). Don't use red loctite as that stuff takes a lot of effort to take off, sometimes even ruining threads during removal.
Took your suggestion, I guess I always thought that stuff like hardened within seconds. Will be very happy to have my weighted knob back on :cheers:
Sponsored