Sponsored

Striping, and exhaust - thoughts? Availability?

King_V

2015 Mustang GT Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais, 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Toyota Prius Two Eco
All,

Ok, so, after much procrastination (without ANY justifiable reason for procrastinating), I signed up for the Mustang Club of America... about 5 minutes ago.

So, there's two more things I'm still considering....

1) Ford Racing by Borla exhaust... I'm leaning toward the touring version.

The thing is, I know it gives it a deeper, better sound. I'm also given to understand that it increases max horsepower. However, there's an X-pipe rather than an H pipe or that big, heavy resonator from the factory. I'm actually more interested in NOT losing any low-end torque than in any gains in top end horsepower.

Anyone have any torque-curve graphs before and after? I'd like to get the sound, but I don't want to lose any bottom end grunt.

I might just go with the mufflers if the X-pipe loses me any bottom end.

2) Stripes/accents/etc - ok, so the brochure shows one or two without making much mention of them, and there's a link in the pdf brochure that shows several items, and SOME striping.

My questions:

• Is the striping done by the factory, or by the dealer?
  • Is it painted, or stickers (I know it's not really "stickers" but I can't recall the right term)?
  • Is it available in light colors to contrast with dark paint?
  • While I haven't chosen a color yet, how awful would any of that look on Ruby Red?

I think that's about it for now....
Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
I don't remember where but I saw a dyno graph after installing the sport cat-back. The torque "plateau" I will call it still starts around 2500 rpm and remains steady though 6500 exactly like stock but about 10-12 ft-lbs higher throughout. I will post if I can find it.

Scorpion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium PP Silver
X-pipe = The closer to redline, the more it sounds like a rice-burner.

H-pipe = Classic muscle-car tone.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Youtube video. This is untuned. [ame]

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
All,

Ok, so, after much procrastination (without ANY justifiable reason for procrastinating), I signed up for the Mustang Club of America... about 5 minutes ago.

So, there's two more things I'm still considering....

1) Ford Racing by Borla exhaust... I'm leaning toward the touring version.

The thing is, I know it gives it a deeper, better sound. I'm also given to understand that it increases max horsepower. However, there's an X-pipe rather than an H pipe or that big, heavy resonator from the factory. I'm actually more interested in NOT losing any low-end torque than in any gains in top end horsepower.

Anyone have any torque-curve graphs before and after? I'd like to get the sound, but I don't want to lose any bottom end grunt.

I might just go with the mufflers if the X-pipe loses me any bottom end.

2) Stripes/accents/etc - ok, so the brochure shows one or two without making much mention of them, and there's a link in the pdf brochure that shows several items, and SOME striping.

My questions:

• Is the striping done by the factory, or by the dealer?
  • Is it painted, or stickers (I know it's not really "stickers" but I can't recall the right term)?
  • Is it available in light colors to contrast with dark paint?
  • While I haven't chosen a color yet, how awful would any of that look on Ruby Red?

I think that's about it for now....
I was wondering the same on the exhaust and the strips. You can order a "Over the top strip kit" from the parts department in black or white for around $ 360 I think. So the dealer would install it, not the factory.
As for the exhaust I was looking at the same Ford racing one you are looking at.
I have a 2014 Fiesta ST that I have a Magnaflow exhaust on. I have been very happy with it. So I gave them a call about there system for the 2015 GT. It is about $400 less than the Ford racing one. It is also a touring Version, and it free"s up about 20 BHP with out any loss of torque. I find there Quality be equal to Borla for less money and there claim of power is a realistic. My dealer has a specialty shop that works with them that installs stripes special upholstery stereos wheel suspension kits and exhaust systems. I'm going to have them install the stripes for about $1100 they cut them for each car custom. This photo is not my car but it is the color I ordered, and how would like my strips to look. I showed this photo to the shop, and they showed me photos of cars they had done just like it.
Ron
image.jpg

Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
X-pipe = The closer to redline, the more it sounds like a rice-burner.

H-pipe = Classic muscle-car tone.
I agree the H-pipe has a great classic muscle car tone, I will also say it fits much better in a much older Mustang. my father in law is putting an excellent H pipe setup in his '66 coupe.

On another note. Please point out in the video I posted above exactly when and where it sounds anything like a rice-burner.

Scorpion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium PP Silver
I agree the H-pipe has a great classic muscle car tone, I will also say it fits much better in a much older Mustang. my father in law is putting an excellent H pipe setup in his '66 coupe.

On another note. Please point out in the video I posted above exactly when and where it sounds anything like a rice-burner.
Ok, rice-burner might be an over-the-top description, :confused: but it's higher pitched. Actually, I like the Ford Racing sport tone, it doesn't have the higher pitched tone that I have heard from other x-pipes. That is the only x-pipe I would consider. It has a less aggressive tone than others I've heard. Still not deep enough for me though.:thumbsup:

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Ok, rice-burner might be an over-the-top description, :confused: but it's higher pitched. Actually, I like the Ford Racing sport tone, it doesn't have the higher pitched tone that I have heard from other x-pipes. That is the only x-pipe I would consider. It has a less aggressive tone than others I've heard. Still not deep enough for me though.:thumbsup:
Yeah, I was about to question your rice burner comparison. I traded in a built rice burner for my 'Stang, and I owned another built rice burner before that. There is nothing rice about the Ford X-pipe, though I agree it is higher pitched.
Sponsored