Sponsored

Stripe Removal

TomM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7
I have an opportunity to purchase a GT350 that has stripes. Has anyone attempted to remove them without damaging the underlying finish? Thanks for any help/thoughts.
Sponsored

OMGPonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Track Pack
Some careful heating from a heat gun or hair dryer should soften the stripes and loosen the adhesive. Light polish after removal should get off any residue and lines showing where the stripes were.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Goo Gone if there's any leftover adhesive. You should also fold the stripe so you're pulling parallel to the surface.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Handheld steamers (ie for laundry) are also great.

OP
OP

TomM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7
Thx 4 all your advice/tips---I'lll post B4 and after pics if I pull the trigger

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I pulled the stripes off of my GT500 with relative ease. If you're careful, a heat gun or the wife's hair dryer work just fine.

PMD G8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac G8
Didn't know this was possible. Glad to hear. Helps when looking for the combination that I want if I can't find a dealer that will order one for me. Not a huge fan of the stripes.

KGTG350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
16' GT 350
I have an opportunity to purchase a GT350 that has stripes. Has anyone attempted to remove them without damaging the underlying finish? Thanks for any help/thoughts.

In the same boat

Would have ordered the car without stripes but got a good deal locally with blue stripes. Now I want to change color of stripes or take off.

Anyone think removing factory stripes could be a bad decision or should I just cover them up with different stripes?

KGTG350 - 16' GT350

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
I was on the fence as far as stripes but really do not like the white edges. I thought that black with blue stripes was the only option for me and still think it looks great. I just chickened out at the last minute. I would keep them. You never see this combo. I may actually add them one day.
Sponsored