Sponsored

Stripe bubble

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
The teeny tips of both of my hood spears are coming up and I can tell from standing in front of the car. I can see others' eyes move to the problem areas fairly quickly. Towel fuzz is getting stuck in them. Started almost immediately after pro installation and they are getting repaired (more likely redone) tomorrow.
Good thing yours is on a curve. But still. :brokenheart:
image.jpg
Sponsored

mcgraw

Semper Fi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Just had to deal with getting stripes replaced on the rear of my car. My rear deck lid stripe never stuck along the edge (came off the truck that way).

Had the dealer buy that piece of stripe (no need to buy the entire thing).

Went there yesterday to have them install it... realized that they don't mess with that in house & had to drive the stripe to a local vinyl shop. Pretty telling considering that this dealer is massive for the region.

Folks train so hard to do this stuff. Don't trust a Ford dealership to fix it (mine initially tried to heat it up & stick it down... failed). Wouldn't mess with it yourself unless you have a backup stripe to immediately fix the mistake. :D

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Nice, looks perfect :thumbsup:

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'd rather live with it than have the dealer do it. Thought maybe someone had a quick fix.
Dude that's unacceptable. It's a mistAke made by the manufacturer during assembly. Chances are it will become a reoccurring issue because contaminants have already gotten onto the contact side. The longer you wait the less likely they are to fix it. Deciding not to take it to the dealer seems like a bad idea imo.

Unless you didn't buy it local and don't think a local dealer will take care of you. If anything have them document it so you have a chance to get it fixed in the future.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustang_Scotty

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
Dude that's unacceptable. It's a mistAke made by the manufacturer during assembly. Chances are it will become a reoccurring issue because contaminants have already gotten onto the contact side. The longer you wait the less likely they are to fix it. Deciding not to take it to the dealer seems like a bad idea imo.

Unless you didn't buy it local and don't think a local dealer will take care of you. If anything have them document it so you have a chance to get it fixed in the future.
I would not let the dealer touch it. I can do a better job installing it. It's fixed anyway if you read a couple before.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I would not let the dealer touch it. I can do a better job installing it. It's fixed anyway if you read a couple before.
Hope it stays down for you brother. Maybe have them order the replacement stripe for you and just keep it on hand in case you have to replace it later

OP
OP
Mustang_Scotty

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
That's a good point. It's so weird I got the car delivered yesterday and I haven't even driven it yet
Sponsored