Sponsored

Strange mechanical sound: exhaust valves?

kratty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'56 Victoria, Tahoe, '16 GT350
As I've mentioned in other threads, I am one of those experiencing frequent but random exhaust valve malfunctions. Today was one of those days where the valves acted up immediately this morning.

However, it did something new. When I shut off the car in my parking garage, I immediately heard what you can hear in the video clip below. The video quality isn't great, but I was holding my phone behind driver's side rear tire and underneath the exhaust tip.

The sound continued until I cycled the ignition into "on" without starting the engine. Otherwise, I'm not sure if or when it would have stopped on its own.

Thoughts?
[ame]
Sponsored

Obrien455

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Gt350 shadow black, stripe delete, tech packag
That aint right take it to ford. When in sport mode and i shut the car off i hear that exact sound everytime which i believe is the valves closing to normal mode, but it only makes that sound once, not multiple times.

OP
OP
kratty

kratty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'56 Victoria, Tahoe, '16 GT350
Thanks. What I suspected. It was really going crazy. Guess it couldn't get back to its home position?

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
That's strange. Maybe try unplugging the connectors and the battery to allow it all to reset. Probably the sensor not knowing the valves position.

If that doesn't work then I would go take it to the dealer.
Sponsored