FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
im out in imperial lol cars just a garage queen but i do take her out on nice days like today just cant too narly in 4th just cause itll spin lol a10 car. im seeing people saying 5r2 tires dont grip saying mt street ss are better but then they have swaying issues so i want to stay away from that lol soooo im just deep in a rabbit hole now 😂
Well my experience with the r2 has been great. This site is a treasure trove of information but also opinions so keep that in mind. When I have a question I'll post and the vast majority of like answers will be what I'm looking for.
Sponsored

OP
OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Well my experience with the r2 has been great. This site is a treasure trove of information but also opinions so keep that in mind. When I have a question I'll post and the vast majority of like answers will be what I'm looking for.
makes sense. what power you at! mt or auto and what rolls are you doing? ik alot of people like to do 50 rolls and i just cant do it with the 4s tires

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
makes sense. what power you at! mt or auto and what rolls are you doing? ik alot of people like to do 50 rolls and i just cant do it with the 4s tires
I'm Roush Phase 2, 654 to the wheels, MT82 with the Roush tune. I don't need E85 or more horsepower but that's a personal choice. Comments don't reflect driving ability so you can't measure that.

OP
OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I'm Roush Phase 2, 654 to the wheels, MT82 with the Roush tune. I don't need E85 or more horsepower but that's a personal choice. Comments don't reflect driving ability so you can't measure that.
im 711 to the tires on an ess g3 93 tune. im going to take your reccommendation and get the r2 tires and probably some cheap vms wheels and see what happens lol thank you for the info and your advice :)

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
im 711 to the tires on an ess g3 93 tune. im going to take your reccommendation and get the r2 tires and probably some cheap vms wheels and see what happens lol thank you for the info and your advice :)
I'm running 19x11 and 19x9.5 on rims I bought from American Muscle and they've been just fine. They also have the proper offset because our cars aren't a square setup.

Sponsored

ToxicOverwatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado- extremely stock
Have had both R2’s and MT Street R’s. Both were good but I found the Street R’s to be quite a bit better for my use. I just cruise, do rolls, and the rare dig

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
My solution to the problem was to buy two complete sets of wheels and tires. I've gotten the wheel change down to about 30 minutes, so have been known to change back and forth within a couple of days, depending on weather conditions. I have Nitto R2 for on one set for those dry hot days and the Continental ExtremeSport 02 for all other times.

2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
19' GT
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I've done a few sub 6 second 60-130 pulls on all seasons.

So if you're just looking for 3rd gear on up, I don't see why the PS4S or AS4 wouldn't work for you too.

I am borderline able to do 40 rolls from 2nd gear on all seasons, but it spins too much on the 2-3 shift to feel confident. But that's also in like mid 50*F weather.

I made close to 700whp on a Mustang dyno with octane booster, but my final drive is 3.15.
Sponsored