Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Mustang Clutch Spring Assist 35 lb/in - Now Available!

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Got mine in a few days ago and wow what a difference. The wife noticed the smoother shifting and engagements and said so today. I definitely feel more connected with the car than I did before.

Thanks for a great mod!
Sponsored

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Got mine in a few days ago and wow what a difference. The wife noticed the smoother shifting and engagements and said so today. I definitely feel more connected with the car than I did before.

Thanks for a great mod!
Glad you like the clutch spring!

magnetic16gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT
Mine is due to arrive today, according to FedEx. Been looking forward to knowing how to drive a stick again.

Update: Got it installed and took it for a few miles. Not sure if it was because of the improved spring or me cautiously driving to focus on the feeling, but first gear feels much smoother...no more bucking. The clutch doesn't really feel much heavier at all, but you can certainly feel a difference in peddle feel for the better. Overall for the cost, I'd recommend it like the hundreds of others on this thread.

Last edited:

Murdered5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage3 Mustang
Fedex delivered my spring on Friday, I immediately installed...and WOW. This thread gave me hope, the clutch spring delivered! The clutch has life, its consistent, and the guess work is gone. Thank you!

Last edited:

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just another +1 to this mod. IMHO, this spring is an essential upgrade for any S550. Night and day difference in clutch engagement consistency and pedal feel. I did notice with no spring that there is a small amount of play at the top of the pedal (1/2" maybe), I feel better knowing this spring does just enough to push the pedal all the way to the top.

A little tip for those that push down the clutch pedal to remove the stocker and can't a good grip on two spring coils because of the position of the spring. You can rotate the spring while it's still installed to get two coils in a position where the vise grip fits in there nicely. Took 2 minutes to do. Great mod!

Sponsored

DanDglassman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue
Installed the spring yesterday and I am pleased with the improvement. Clutch is heavier when disengaging, but the smoothness when engaging is well worth the trade.

Tip - enlist a helper to push and hold the clutch pedal while you use both hands to exchange the spring assembly. Once I recruited a helper, process was 5 minutes.

Thanks to the new spring, my insurance rates will drop from fewer whiplash lawsuits from my passengers! I no longer feel like a NOOB. Ford - this is truly the worst clutch feel since my grandmother's 30 year old riding mower. That mower had about 1/32" play between disengaged and lifting the front wheels off the ground.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
i took the stock spring out a few weeks after owning the car. now it has been out for probably a year and a half, i still find myself lifting up the clutch with my foot when i drive and i think its time to try out this 35lb spring.
Edit spring installed. I can't tell the difference with it in or out which is a good thing. And the pedal no longer saggs slightly which was annoying.

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
i took the stock spring out a few weeks after owning the car. now it has been out for probably a year and a half, i still find myself lifting up the clutch with my foot when i drive and i think its time to try out this 35lb spring.
Do it. No regrets. I had my spring out for about a year and am very happy with the Steeda spring.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Fedex delivered my spring on Friday, I immediately installed...and WOW. This thread gave me hope, the clutch spring delivered! The clutch has life, its consistent, and the guess work is gone. Thank you!
We appreciate your support & feedback - glad to see you are seeing a noticeable difference!

Best Regards,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No time like the present - happy to help with your order if need any assistance!

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Drove with no spring for the last few months. Reinstalled the factory spring and instantly noticed my pedal returning all the way up each time, with no spring it would never return. Not sure if it really matters or not but to my OCD mind it feels right having it return up each time. So ordered the steeda spring and its on the way. :cheers:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Drove with no spring for the last few months. Reinstalled the factory spring and instantly noticed my pedal returning all the way up each time, with no spring it would never return. Not sure if it really matters or not but to my OCD mind it feels right having it return up each time. So ordered the steeda spring and its on the way.
Consider it a small investment with big returns - you won't be disappointed!

Thank you for your order & we appreciate the support.

Best Regards,

TJ

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Drove with no spring for the last few months. Reinstalled the factory spring and instantly noticed my pedal returning all the way up each time, with no spring it would never return. Not sure if it really matters or not but to my OCD mind it feels right having it return up each time. So ordered the Steeda spring and its on the way. :cheers:
I guess all these cars are a little different in this area. I had mine out for months before Steeda offered them. My pedal was always up in the same position without as it was with. Maybe this is why Ford did this?? :shrug:
The spring was a great addition for pedal feel, even over no spring.

Eric R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Mustang Premium, 6MT
Got my Steeda spring installed this weekend. Huge difference, i always hated the way taking off in 1st then 2nd felt.. this feels much more solid!! I didn't even know they offered this solution until i saw this thread.

Thanks!

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Are these in stock? My order from 8/2 is still showing as assigned...... order 1023539. Doesn't look like it's shipped yet. :shrug:
Sponsored