Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Mustang Clutch Spring Assist 35 lb/in - Now Available!

mustangtaxman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
2017 86
Agreed!

I'm going to use that! #savetheclutch

Shipping out asap!

Not anything like the stock one :)

Ah I'm sure the rest of the parts will be there before you know it! Enjoy and thank you for your business!

Glad you like [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

SilverS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
anybody have the part number to the stock spring assembly? my plastic broke while removing the stock one.

Boilator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Ingot Silver w/Red interior (Navi, GT PP
anybody have the part number to the stock spring assembly? my plastic broke while removing the stock one.
I'm searching for a new plastic piece too. Went to the dealer and they could only get the whole pedal assembly which has the spring and plastic pieces; $125.00 ish. That's crazy, someone should be able to figure out what the sub-assembly parts cost as well as be able to source just the plastic pieces?

Lator

Last edited:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Most times when it's a assembly you can't buy just one piece. It's a service part.

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Grey
Ordered the spring this morning, next up will be Steeda sway bars in a couple of weeks.

Sponsored

Boilator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Ingot Silver w/Red interior (Navi, GT PP
[MENTION=19530]Voodooo[/MENTION] you're right in this case. I think the assembly is P/N 2455 from the Ford parts catalog.

drake67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Took mine out finally. So much better but I don't want to cause damage later. Ordered tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
My clutch pedal returns to the top of travel without the spring. No worries.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
To anyone else who gets their Steeda spring. Can you please measure the length of it before it gets installed in the car. Thanks!

mustangtaxman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
2017 86
The pedal feels awesome now. You still have feeling, plus the pedal comes all the way back up now. No more using the top of my foot to bring it back up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Received my spring today and installed it before I went out for lunch. Literally took me about 10 seconds to install using one hand to depress the clutch and the other to install the spring. The spring is light enough that you can compress it enough with one hand after setting the bottom piece on it's perch so you then swing the top in place.

Let me preface this by saying I have been driving my GT without any spring and really liked the feel. Clutch engagement was much easier to find without that HD stock spring pushing back at you! I didn't ever think the pedal was too heavy without the spring; simply thought I would give this spring a try to see how it feels.

WOW! This is how the car should have come from factory - not without a spring at all. This spring makes a noticeable difference in the weight of the pedal, but it doesn't make the engagement point so ambiguous like the stock HD spring. There is no push back like you experience with the stock spring at the engagement point, which for me, was what made it difficult to make smooth shifts. In fact, I would say this spring makes it even easier to shift smoothly as it take away any unnecessary weight from the pedal while finding the engagement point.

Nice job Steeda!! Appreciate that they saw an issue being widely discussed and found their own solution to offer. :clap2:

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Stop guys you're making me want to leave work early to go put mine on ;)
Sponsored