Steeda Ultra Lite Linear Stance

kroy11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Manual GT
Nope the rear drop is too much, hence why I used spring spacers.

In an ideal world the front would be an additional 5mm lower and rear 10mm higher in a perfect world.

But I love the stance on my car now with spring spacer.
Wouldn't this kind of be equivalent to the bmr handling springs? 1.2" drop in front and .5" drop in rear?
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Wouldn't this kind of be equivalent to the bmr handling springs? 1.2" drop in front and .5" drop in rear?
Yes just a tad lower. But I the BMR would be too firm for me, I like the Steeda rates and it is far easier to just add spring pads and cheaper than changing the springs again.

kroy11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Manual GT
Yes just a tad lower. But I the BMR would be too firm for me, I like the Steeda rates and it is far easier to just add spring pads and cheaper than changing the springs again.
How do the rates effect drivability? The higher the rate the rougher the ride or is it the exact opposite? I'm not sure how it works sorry.

Highvoltage16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Ingot silver
I like the drop. The ultralites with FRPP shocks and struts ride far better imo than the stock PP setup.
image.jpg

Sponsored

teej281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP Auto
Can I be honest, I feel like the Steeda Ultralites (at least in the photos I've seen on this forum) lower the rear too much OR don't lower the front enough. I understand actual height is different between F and R fender, but I want the wheel gap to be much closer (to the same) front and rear. With these, I am seeing more gap up front than the rear. Can this just be the tire selection of folks? I'd be doing 275-35 and 305-35 tires.
Going with those two tire sizes seems like an odd choice in my book. If you research the tire diameter difference between the two, it's almost an inch. So if you would do that you'd have an extra half inch of tire filling up the rear wheel well over the fronts so you're going to have the problem of unequal wheel gap no matter what springs you use. However, that tire size combo will give you a more raked stance because of the extra tire height in the rear over the front.

For an equal tire height staggered combo, I'd look into a 275/40-315/35 combo or 275/35-315/30 combo. Or 265/40-305/35 or 265/35-305/30. I'm not quite familiar with the tire sizing combos just yet for these chassis cars, but I do know tire sizing and these numbers work out with my calculator as almost exact height sizing so you don't have to worry about abs system going nuts and you don't have off looking sizing front to rear.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

thatmustang609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 PP Mustang GT - Kenne Bell 3.2LC
Negative camber on the rear are killing my tires. Still waiting for steeda adjustable camber arms.

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Negative camber on the rear are killing my tires. Still waiting for steeda adjustable camber arms.
Sounds like your toe is off. I am at -2.1 and have no wear problems at all.

Sponsored

thatmustang609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ill have to find the print out and check. If I recall correctly, the toe was on point.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

Why wait, stock car has full adjustable rear camber, I am on Steeda ultralites and I could dial in as little at -1 rear negative or as much as -3 negative. No need for rear camber arms. :)

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

thatmustang609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took it to ford and they said they adjusted the rear and its still around -2.6 camber or something like that. When I get home I will check.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
In case you guys missed it, preview of our new Extreme Ultralite Lowering Springs :)
IMG_4151.jpg
Sponsored