Sponsored

Steeda spring install ?

Cobrakev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
For those who have installed Steeda springs, which way is up on the springs? Is the word steeda suppose to be up or down?
Thanks
Sponsored

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
I'm doing the install right now.

The instructions say big end down for the fronts and small end up, but they don't sit right when I uncompress the spring. I am now wondering this as well.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
If you go on YouTube and search "Steeda 2015 Mustang lowering spring install", you can watch Bill install the Steeda Sport springs. Maybe that'll help?

I think the important thing is to ensure the spring is seated correctly and he shows/explains that.

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
ok, so the progressive springs fit so much better than the linear. He just popped those in there and everything fit. My top hats didn't fit the top of the spring at all, the spring was too small. I had to get it mostly there and install, lots of lube, hammering, and prying was involved. "4 hr" job took almost 9.

OP
OP

Cobrakev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Do you have a pic of it not fitting? Im starting mine, and don't want any problems. Did you install them with the word Steeda up?

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
ok, so the progressive springs fit so much better than the linear. He just popped those in there and everything fit. My top hats didn't fit the top of the spring at all, the spring was too small. I had to get it mostly there and install, lots of lube, hammering, and prying was involved. "4 hr" job took almost 9.
That is always my experience. I typically triple the time they estimate. I'm not a mechanic and don't do this every day. Plus I don't have a lift and everything takes longer when you're sliding under the car on your back.

Would you mind sharing your test ride impressions with the new springs? Mine should be here on Wednesday according to FedEx!

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
Test ride was like stock, but slightly stiffer, yet less bouncy. I will take pics of how they didn't fit.
Also, shouldnt take that much time, I used to do this for a living, and still build/work on race cars weekly. Dear steeda, there is a fitment issue, sincerely, someone who paid you money. And pics to come probably in a day or two, because work is going to suck this week, yet I still want to try to get it right.

and yes, steeda was upright.

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I just installed steeda sport springs and the instructions did not indicate which end went up or down so I installed them so the writing was right side up and they ride fine.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
After the test ride, the one spring that almost lined up right was off the bottom perch. Has me a little worried, and may swing by a shop with a wall mounted spring compressor to have them re-do it to see if they have similar results. If so these can go back to steeda.

Sponsored

Brad Michaels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 P/P
:headbang:
After the test ride, the one spring that almost lined up right was off the bottom perch. Has me a little worried, and may swing by a shop with a wall mounted spring compressor to have them re-do it to see if they have similar results. If so these can go back to steeda.
Call Steeda, get the straight scoop, ask for a tech.. They are awesome.

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
They said they should sit crooked with just the tips of each spring against the stops. Looks like crap to me, even with the car on the ground, but time will tell. At least until I pony up for some legit coilovers from BC (bit of a ripoff) or KW comes out with some V1 or ST coils.

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Had no issues with my Steeda springs and they have been on the car for ~11k miles. I think something is off regarding the install. Hopefully the shop can get you squared away.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

If you are still having issues with the install ... I would be happy to put you in contact with one of our install techs to ensure they are installed properly.

If you would like, please email me at [email protected].

Also, referencing the video above ... here is a great install video that was done by our friends at CJ Pony Parts:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]b-EcQd93i4g[/MEDIA]"]

Best Regards,

TJ

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
I talked to your tech via messages on your site. He said it will sit "funny", slightly tilted to the side by sitting on the pigtail ends of the springs.

To anyone else who says theirs went on easy, and fit nicely, the progressive springs do go on easily and sit nicely.

I can't wait for a legit set of coilovers to come out for this thing.
Sponsored