Sponsored

Steeda S550 Pro-Action Shocks and Struts - Now Available!

Bill Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Just got my Steeda Shocks/Struts installed... Very noticeable improvement of the PP shocks/struts... I have it set at softer setting and the car rides and performs great. Well done steeda!:headbang:
Sponsored

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Just got my Steeda Shocks/Struts installed... Very noticeable improvement of the PP shocks/struts... I have it set at softer setting and the car rides and performs great. Well done steeda!:headbang:
Congrats! Happy to hear you're enjoying them! :)

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
Just got them installed and left the shop being a derp with rear 1 full turn from softest and front at the softest. It's late so wasn't able to test out the front again with it dialed 1 turn stiffer to properly review them but i'll do that over the next few days.

I will say with ultralites and linears with the above stiffness setup it is equivalent to the OEM PP (pp struts and pp springs) so it had the PP bounce (not a bad thing just how the PP setup handles).

I have to stiffen them up some to get them back to where it was today with ultralites and pp struts. (which are less bouncy but with steedas and the PP struts).

Will update as i dial it in, the fact that i can do that is just amazing. So i can get the car to handle how i want that alone is worth the purchase. Quality products as usual, and relatively simple install.

Thanks again [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION]

Also what are the max "turns" from softest is this like the konis 2.5 turns?

Curious what others setups are stiffness and springs

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
I'm gonna do one full turn soft from full stiff and go from there.

Sponsored

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
well just had a little drive with sways, shocks, struts & 2pt g-track brace.
first of all it all can be done on jack stands with hand tools only (compressor took a crap).
rear was real easy, g-track was even easier. the fronts were more of a challenge, but still no real trouble. mine is EB so the driver side was the easier side (there are a couple hoses on the passenger side). my game plane was, remove from the driver side so once the brake rotor was out of the way I removed the strut from that side then passenger side rotor. all of OEM prats came loose real easy & with the driver brake & strut out of the way i was able to slide it out. getting Steeda sway in was just as easy getting in. the only thing i had even the slightest concern with was I opted for the sway bar mounts, it took a little effort to get the screws to line up, but most of that was fighting the hoses.

now that everything is back in (rear sway on middle setting & front 1 from the tightest) I have rear shocks at softest (they need to firm up a little) struts are 1 turn from sofest & i may go another .25 to .5 more)

impressions :) OMG i really thought the car was ok before I put them on, but now I cannot believe how flat this thing takes turns at speed

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
well just had a little drive with sways, shocks, struts & 2pt g-track brace.
first of all it all can be done on jack stands with hand tools only (compressor took a crap).
rear was real easy, g-track was even easier. the fronts were more of a challenge, but still no real trouble. mine is EB so the driver side was the easier side (there are a couple hoses on the passenger side). my game plane was, remove from the driver side so once the brake rotor was out of the way I removed the strut from that side then passenger side rotor. all of OEM prats came loose real easy & with the driver brake & strut out of the way i was able to slide it out. getting Steeda sway in was just as easy getting in. the only thing i had even the slightest concern with was I opted for the sway bar mounts, it took a little effort to get the screws to line up, but most of that was fighting the hoses.

now that everything is back in (rear sway on middle setting & front 1 from the tightest) I have rear shocks at softest (they need to firm up a little) struts are 1 turn from sofest & i may go another .25 to .5 more)

impressions :) OMG i really thought the car was ok before I put them on, but now I cannot believe how flat this thing takes turns at speed
Great to hear! :cheers:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Ive had konis and on full soft they are still pretty firm , the steeda pro action adjustables are what I'm getting. I talked to steeda last week and they are willing to set me up with their complete handling pack and exchanging the struts and shocks that come with that package with pro actions for around $2k i will be ordering this next week!

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Ive had konis and on full soft they are still pretty firm , the steeda pro action adjustables are what I'm getting. I talked to steeda last week and they are willing to set me up with their complete handling pack and exchanging the struts and shocks that come with that package with pro actions for around $2k i will be ordering this next week!
Oh awesome! :cheers:

Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
What if any is the differences between the Konis and the Steedas? And did Koni make these for Steeda?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
What if any is the differences between the Konis and the Steedas? And did Koni make these for Steeda?
Different valving giving a more subtle street damping. Koni is likely stiffer and more track orientate.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Getting mine installed tomorrow. Can't wait.

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
These are made by Koni I'm guessing but just softer dampening?

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe