Hey guys,

Recently installed the following on my car:

- Steeda Progressive Springs
- Steeda Subrame Support Braces
- Steeda Vertical Links
- Steeda Subframe Alignment Kit
- Steeda Subframe Bushing Support System
- GarageLine 25mm Wheel Spacers

The car feels great. Rides good, handles good and don't hear any odd noises coming from the entire suspension.

I put around 100 miles on the car and took it in today to get an alignment. According to the tech the rear aligned fine without any issues. The front was measured at -1.2* and -2* of camber. These numbers seem quite far apart and I was told by multiple sources that I shouldn't have any issue getting within stock alignment spec without any aftermarket adjustment. (-1.03 +/- .75* for front).

The difference in front camber led me to believe there may be something else going on here. Turns out the drivers side is sitting an 1/8" lower in the front which could attribute to at least some of the added camber.

Just trying to get some advice on where to go from here. We were pretty meticulous when doing the install making sure the orientation was correct and that everything was seated the way it should be. Possible manufacturing defect? Is a 1/8" difference acceptable (Rear height is SPOT on even)? Worth pulling it apart to check the install? What should we look for?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
[MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION]

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
OP
OP
GT_Tommy

GT_Tommy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
TVS Supercharged Premium PP

ksiefken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/ PP
A lot of people reporting a difference side to side, especially in the rear of about 1/8", including me. Not sure if its an installation issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GT_Tommy

GT_Tommy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
TVS Supercharged Premium PP
A lot of people reporting a difference side to side, especially in the rear of about 1/8", including me. Not sure if its an installation issue.
Thanks for chiming in. I'm gonna clock the bushings and re measure the ride height and front camber. Ill report back.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Same here. My driver's side (RHD), is sitting 1/8" lower exactly. Everything seemed to be tightened properly, did it at a shop and I was there for the whole install. Was going to get an alignment tomorrow because of the front negative camber being a touch too much after the drop.

Might look into this "tightening under load" thing more and go from there.

Question: since my right side is sitting 1/8" lower. Does this mean the right needs to be fixed up or the left?

Last edited:

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
No way to know which. Estimated drop numbers by the factory are almost never exact. How are you guys measuring this? Center of hub to bottom of fender? It's easy to measure 1/8" off.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
No way to know which. Estimated drop numbers by the factory are almost never exact. How are you guys measuring this? Center of hub to bottom of fender? It's easy to measure 1/8" off.
This...If you let your tape measure get off just the slightest, that is an easy 1/8" right there...if not more.

roadracergt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
1/8" is nothing to worry about on a production Mustang, if you are more than 3/8" of inch that may require a investigation.. No two cars are alike, plus go to a dealer lot and you will see that Mustangs, differ in ride height from one to the other.

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
1/8" is nothing to worry about on a production Mustang, if you are more than 3/8" of inch that may require a investigation.. No two cars are alike, plus go to a dealer lot and you will see that Mustangs, differ in ride height from one to the other.
This too.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Ok cool. So the issue I'm having is probably just alignment in the front wheels.

Very slight steering wheel vibration when going over 100 kmh (60mph). Directly post spring install.
Sponsored