armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Also, the part about the gt350 cai being open. I would assume it has a much better seal against the hood, than the steeda. On mine, only about 4" section makes contact with the hood.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
You missed my point, I'm sick of all the assumptions that IATs should matter to everyone. You certainly have seen the mass of Steeda haters on this board and they all sing the same tune. (pun intended)
Ahhhhh, gotcha. My bad:thumbsup:

Stang Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 301A
Also, the part about the gt350 cai being open. I would assume it has a much better seal against the hood, than the steeda. On mine, only about 4" section makes contact with the hood.
Here is a before and after pic to seal the Steeda up to hood. But it was a lot of work.:headbonk:
Steeda cia gap 009.JPG
cai saeled 007.JPG

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Here is a before and after pic to seal the Steeda up to hood. But it was a lot of work.:headbonk:
I have bad news for you. Completely sealing that intake to the hood will result in high cht's due to engine bay not cooling enough with only one hood heat extractor. I also tried to seal the intake to the hood with some insulation foam but end up with high cht's instead. Those hood heat extractors are pretty functional. The gt350 hood has the heat extractor located towards the front center area and the cai only seals itself to the hood. It is not the same concept.

Last edited:

Sponsored

roadracergt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have bad news for you. Completely sealing that intake to the hood will result in high cht's due to engine bay not cooling enough with only one hood heat extractor. I also tried to seal the intake to the hood with some insulation foam but end up with high cht's instead. Those hood heat extractors are pretty functional. The gt350 hood has the heat extractor located towards the front center area and the cai only seals itself to the hood. It is not the same concept.
The bottom line is the Steeda CAI dissipates heat faster than the production intake, flows much more air than the production intake and runs the same ambient spread if not better than the production intake. Sasuketr is absolutely right, cutting off the extractor will create higher under hood temperatures - with the extractor open it enables the Steeda CAI to dissipate the heat much faster than the closed-box-design CAI’s on the market.=

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
You missed my point, I'm sick of all the assumptions that IATs should matter to everyone. You certainly have seen the mass of Steeda haters on this board and they all sing the same tune. (pun intended)
so my 158 degree IATs because of my hot ass aluminum housing are okay?

the other day I saw
158 degree IATs
178 degree coolant temps
192 degree cylinder head temps.

while moving. my IATs are nearly as high as my coolant and cylinder head temps. I'm sure the Roush front end on my car doesn't help for air breathing though.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

the other day I saw
158 degree IATs
178 degree coolant temps

while moving. my IATs are nearly as high as my coolant and cylinder head temps. I'm sure the Roush front end on my car doesn't help for air breathing though.
What aluminum housing are you referring to?

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
The aluminum MAF housing on the Steeda CAI. On my '13 GT with JLT, I never saw IATS even close to what my Steeda intake gives that that big aluminum heatsink.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I saw the same intake temps with my stock airbox. And a heat sink, by definition, draws heat away from something. lol

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
Heat collector? I never saw ones that high

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

the other day I saw
158 degree IATs
178 degree coolant temps

You need a closed box intake your IATs should never be so close to your CHTs. Your engine will thank you trust me.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I guess I'm just one of the minority who really doesn't care about IATs at idle....my car isn't under load at idle and the temps drop just fine once the car starts moving again.

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
With my JLT in traffic iat's go up as high as 160 in the recent hot summer days. You definitely feel the car bogged down until you get moving and get hot air out of the intake. Once you're up to a bit of speed power feels good again. The heat soak is very noticeable though.
I'm still liking the intake a lot just not in traffic on super hot days.
Sponsored