Sponsored

Steeda Dual Rate Springs

Chvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian
Hey All,
Been sitting on a set of Steeda's GT500 specific Dual Rate Springs for about a year now. I was wondering if anyone has put these on there car? I'd like to know more about them. Stock base springs (mine) are 251lbf/in front, 885lbf/in rear. The DualRates are 220/350 front and 800/1200 rear.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Chvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian
Pros/Cons on the street?
Pros/Cons on the track...this is where I am more concerned.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I will let others weigh in but haven't heard or seen too many people concerned with the Dual Rates on their GT500.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I use them on my GT350 and they provide a nice balance between streetable spring rates and track ready spring rates. I've heard similar responses from GT500 owners using them.

There aren't any major downsides, other than they're a hybrid spring trying to give you the best of both worlds so they're inherently a little stiff for the street at times and also have a little bit of a "transitionary phase" between the spring rates on track. This leads to them having an initial softer rate and additional body roll at first, compared to a true high rate track spring, before the weight loads the spring up and you get into the stiffer track appropriate rates. This is most noticeable in slaloms.

On the street you get the benefit of the softer spring rate, but on large movements you can encounter the "track" rate which can be a bit jarring compared to a true street spring.
Sponsored

Last edited: