Sponsored

STEEDA- CLOSED BOX CAI

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
Especially when half the box still is stock. For something priced at $300, I'd have expected a fully molded closed box, but it's all about that profit. You also lose out on people who no longer have stock intakes either.
I dont mind them making a profit at all, thats cool with me if it works, but i still dont see any hard data around MAF turbulence or flow vs rpms vs stock and the coldest air claims vs an open filter seems a bit... gimmicky. Of course its colder if its the stock box before and after their lid vs open element.

They'd be better off measuring the flow rates and showing that data (with clean LTFTs for accurate comparisons) on the same tune besides the MAF corrections.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jigar@Steeda

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Why are you touting cooler air intake temps than stock, or do you mean compared to an open filter CAI?
Yes this obviously a comparison to aftermarket intakes on the system. Stock intake temps are untouchable, but aren't any good for power. This is a solution to gain significant power while still maintaining amazing cool temps.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I tested flow restriction of several intakes using a water column manometer. The stock intakes were 2013 Boss 302 and 2016 GT350. The aftermarket intakes on the Boss were Steeda and C&L. The aftermarket intake on the Shelby is a JLT. In all cases there was significantly more negative pressure at the entrance to the throttlebody with the stock pieces installed, especially on the Boss. All the aftermarket intakes measured around 6-8 inches of water at peak flow at the throttle entry point, whereas the OE GT350 was around 12 and the Boss a whopping 27. I did back to back dyno runs on the Boss comparing stock and Steeda and gained a solid 10 hp. I didn't dyno the Shelby but I calculated about 5 hp gain.
Since the Boss intake is closed I tapped into it at various places including the bottom part of the box, box lid, and a couple inches in front of the throttlebody. What I found was that all the restriction seemed to be due to the tube. I measured virtually zero negative pressure in the closed airbox, with or without filter in place.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Several years ago (S197) Steeda had a video showing IAT with a Pro-Flow under normal traffic conditions. Do you have anything like that for this new intake?[/QUOI
I have seen high 120's with the Steeda closed lid in grid lock traffic in 80* temps. Open element boxes, I have seen 170's on my car.

I'd take the 120's any day obviously.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
On my Boss 302 with either the Steeda or C&L open intakes at steady highway speed the IAT readout was always within one degree of ambient. Actually it was usually one degree below ambient. On my GT350 with JLT intake IAT stabilizes 10-12 degrees above ambient at steady speed. I wonder if there is a difference in placement of the IAT sensor or what would account for the discrepancy. The JLT seals against the hood as well as the others did on the Boss.

Sponsored

Itsjustacrowd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
With it being the hottest part of the year, alot of you guys are questioning if your CAI is a true COLD AIR INTAKE. If that is a question you have pondered upon, then look no further.

Our closed box CAI is a true CAI. It has proven to provide the coldest intake temps on the market PERIODTTT. Not only is it the coldest, it has allowed us to achieve the highest trap speed for any NA S550.

Contact me today for any further questions and/or are ready to purchase! 954-247-2444
IMG_9888.JPG
I recently got a steeda pro closed box, seeing temps just as high as my old pmas. Only difference is that the pmas actually went down in IAT's when moving. The steeda box will go down but always 15-20 above ambient

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I recently got a steeda pro closed box, seeing temps just as high as my old pmas. Only difference is that the pmas actually went down in IAT's when moving. The steeda box will go down but always 15-20 above ambient
@Jigar@Steeda hasn’t been on this site for more than two years. You might want to reach out to @tj@steeda.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Plus the inability to run a flex tune with it is also a drawback.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We run the Closed Box on several of our cars - it always performs very well.

Are you losing performance or having issues?

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Any chance your lid or box is covered in any type of aftermarket thermal barrier?

Sponsored

Itsjustacrowd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
We run the Closed Box on several of our cars - it always performs very well.

Are you losing performance or having issues?
I'm sure it's pulling timing with the high temps. Any suggestions on a fix?
Box is sealed properly

Itsjustacrowd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Leave it as is.
If you had something applied to the upper Steeda lid I would’ve suggested removing it.
Nothing was added. That's why I'm confused on why IAT's are so high with the box
Sponsored