Sponsored

State/City/County Property Taxes

mrdci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, Raptor SCrew, '17 GT350R HR083, E39 Dinan M5
So I was just wondering how many of you out there other those of us who live in I hate cars state of VA have to pay property taxes on vehicles. I just calculated my for a 65K GT350R and basically I have to pay the county $195/$2343 a month/year just for personal property taxes. :crazy: Since its a Shelby the depreciation isn't going to hit it as bad and I doubt I can get the high mileage discount.

I need an address in FL I think. ;)
Sponsored

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
So I was just wondering how many of you out there other those of us who live in I hate cars state of VA have to pay property taxes on vehicles. I just calculated my for a 65K GT350R and basically I have to pay the county $195/$2343 a month/year just for personal property taxes. :crazy: Since its a Shelby the depreciation isn't going to hit it as bad and I doubt I can get the high mileage discount.

What? Property taxes on a car? How does that even make sense?

And yes I will be living in FL in a few years. MD is horrible for taxes too.

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
What the hell you have to pay 4-5% of the value per year?

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
yep..in Missouri we do.

In contrast...Illinois does not have PPtax, but their gas is .20 cents more expensive a gallon.

In the end, they always get their revenue.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
What the hell you have to pay 4-5% of the value per year?
it is like 1.5% of the current value. who knows where they set that value from. But it goes down as your car ages.

Sponsored

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
In CT it's something like 1.7% of "used dealer book value" or something like that

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Registration fee here in CA, will be about $480/yr from the calculator on the DMV's website

2k/year is nuts!

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua

I always maintained my FL property as my home residence when working in the DC/VA area. My co worker with a Lambo Murcielago registered all his in West Virginia to avoid the theft.

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
I had to pay property tax on my car when I lived in North Carolina.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
No property tax here in MA. but we have high taxes. We pay an "excise tax". It's 25 dollars for every 1,000 dollars that you paid for the vehicle.

Here is the definition on the MA government website;.....Chapter 60A of Mass. General Laws imposes an excise on the privilege of registering a motor vehicle or a trailer in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The excise is levied annually in lieu of a tangible personal property tax. Non-registered vehicles, however, remain subject to taxation as personal property. The excise is levied by the city or town where the vehicle is principally garaged and the revenues become part of the local community treasury. The Registry of Motor Vehicles prepares data for excise bills according to the information on the motor vehicle registration and sends it to city or town assessors. Cities and towns then prepare bills based on excise data sent by the Registry in conformity with Department of Revenue requirements.

I crack up when I read that part in underline. We pay for the "privilege" of registering a vehicle in MA. Isn't that just f'en peachy?!?! :mad: :headbonk:

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Google Montana LLC and or DMV. I have a neighbor in CA that does this for his RV and vehicles.
Sponsored