Sponsored

Start Button Cover

ValkyriePilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Coupe
I've read a few posts about folks accidentally pushing their start/stop button while driving. I doubt this would be a huge issue I would still like to get a cover for the start button.

I've seen this one posted:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30661

But I would like to see if their are other options. A metal cover would be awesome to match the look of the switches inline. Does anyone know of any other options out there? Ordered a 16 GT/CS and can't wait to get her home.
Sponsored

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If there was a sturdier model of this, with a return spring, and cover design options, I'd be willing to buy.

Vendors, can we get this going? Please?

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I agree on the light return spring. This is a very cool idea. Make mine "Ignition."

Buzzard Bait

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I want mine with a "Trunk Monkey" sticker. :p

rusrec00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th LE Kona Manual #1155
Who has this problem? And why are they unable to stop pushing the start button while driving? I feel like this is made up. Having said that I like the different start buttons that say things like "Nuke" or "Blast Off" or "Eject"

Sponsored

OP
OP
ValkyriePilot

ValkyriePilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Coupe
Whether they have made it up or not I would still like a cover because I like the look of it. I've seen a few post that they keep their phone in that area, I have with my old car. Some have admitted to reaching down for another switch and not looking and accidentally hitting the wrong button. I don't see why this is hard to believe or that all of them would be made up.
Who has this problem? And why are they unable to stop pushing the start button while driving? I feel like this is made up. Having said that I like the different start buttons that say things like "Nuke" or "Blast Off" or "Eject"

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
I think a cover would be cool. That being said the only thing I accidentally did was put it in first when I thought it was in reverse.

OP
OP
ValkyriePilot

ValkyriePilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Coupe
I'm tempted to buy the one I linked to and then give it to a buddy to machine for me.

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
I reported, and I didn't made up. I was in traffic, and try to get my sunglasses that were in the pocket next to the start buttom. I was looking at the road and accidentally touch it. Another guy put his phone in the same place, and something similar happened.
Anyway, I agree that a spring loaded cover, can prevent this. Most of the cars have the buttom in a higher location, not to a place designed to put things, and charge your phone, etc....
just my 2 cents....

Sponsored

MyMilkshake...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 M4 Competition & Tuned DS3R The Stang Killer
I'm just unsure as to the quality of the ones linked, I would like to see one that is metal and painted a shiny red

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Honestly, all Ford need to do is reprogram the software so that when moving or in gear you have to push and hold to turn the engine off.
Or hold the clutch and press the button to turn it off on a manual.

ohmy350

Threads
Reaction score
Honestly, all Ford need to do is reprogram the software so that when moving or in gear you have to push and hold to turn the engine off.
Or hold the clutch and press the button to turn it off on a manual.

Or just make one that looks like this...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
It's only a few inches from the stereo, so if you have your eyes on the road, it's not unfathomable that you could hit the Engine button instead. I know I've hit the center of the fan knob, which isn't actually a button. :doh:

I'd buy a flip-up cover of the right design, but only because I think it's cool, not because I'm worried about shutting the car off.

HBTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
My old Acura TL had a push button which you had to push twice in order to shut the car off if it was in gear, it seems like something like that would be programmable.
Sponsored