Spotify and SYNC 3

5.0H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 5.0
I just got my Mustang a little over 2 weeks ago and it has the SYNC 3. I use spotify on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 99% of the time for my music. At first I used the bluetooth source in order to stream it and I could still scroll through my phone and select music, but ever since I used the built in spotify app in the SYNC system, all I can see is the picture below when I open up the spotify app when my phone is connected:

I have no way of searching through my artists or songs or anything, that's all it does. Even when I'm using the regular bluetooth mode instead of the app. Has anyone else experienced this or know a away around it? I got rear-ended a week ago and the rental I got is a Focus and it has the little SYNC screen and my phone does the same thing in this car. Very aggravating.

It's possible that it is just my phone, because it does certain things by itself several times a day that make me want to smash it into a million pieces:frusty: but I figured I'd ask.
Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Try deleting the app and reinstalling or check Spotify settings.

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
have you used it wired instead of Bluetooth connected?

OP
OP
5.0H

5.0H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 5.0
Try deleting the app and reinstalling or check Spotify settings.
Forgot to mention, I tried deleting and reinstalling. Just checked the settings and I don't see anything that looks like the culprit. It worked just fine the first few days, but after the first time of using the Spotify app from the app menu on SYNC it started doing this.

have you used it wired instead of Bluetooth connected?
Do you mean by using an aux cord? I don't have one

XDsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
It's an issue with the newest version of Spotify. I am super disappointed as I purposely don't use the Applink version and just stream audio via bluetooth using the Spotify app on my phone. That way I can quickly sort through playlists and choose the songs I want.

Here's the thread on the problem on Spotify's website;

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Disable-Ford-Applink-with-spotify/td-p/1364662

Hopefully they fix it quickly. In the meantime, I am going to roll back to a previous version.

Sponsored

OP
OP
5.0H

5.0H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 5.0
Awesome, thanks [MENTION=16467]XDsm[/MENTION]. I uninstalled and reinstalled an earlier version. I will have to try it out when I leave work in an hour.

Sloan91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Performance Pack
I have been going insane with this problem.
I knew it must have been a Spotify software issue.
Good to hear, I was getting ready to re-install the app.
Thanks for posting this thread at just the right time!!

cpages2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I dont mean to take this topic over but I do have a question;

I am fine with controlling the Spotify app via car display (all my other cars are also like this).

But is there no way to view a list of songs? I can find list for Artist, Genre and Playlist but when I open that it never gives me the full song list to pick from there.

Sponsored

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I dont mean to take this topic over but I do have a question;

I am fine with controlling the Spotify app via car display (all my other cars are also like this).

But is there no way to view a list of songs? I can find list for Artist, Genre and Playlist but when I open that it never gives me the full song list to pick from there.
Yes, its a distraction and you shouldnt do that while driving. Just pick your list and go.

XDsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Spotify released a new version, 5.6.0.701, that fixes the problem.

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
It also added a ton of other problems... I cant play more than 3 songs in a row now heh.
Sponsored