Sponsored

Spare Tire Rig

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Hey Joe I got you beat on Redneck Engineering. Peace of mind. Rollback Avoidance System in place. Have to mod that trunk liner now.
IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0185.JPG

IMG_0186.JPG
Sponsored

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What wheel is that? Does it fit flush in the rear wheel well? Looking for some thing just for my regular GT.

OP
OP
ThreeFiveO

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
It is an Axim MMD 19 x 8.5 from American Muscle. They were on clearance for $111 in January. I saw where "Hack" was using them for winter wheels. The tire is a cheapo Nexen bought from my local shop. Bought the jack at Walmart and even had room for the compressor. The only draw back is the bump in the trunk floor. Wheel is 3" higher than floor. The wingnut in the center is well below the top of the wheel when laying in the trunk. It looks like it protrudes in the pic. I am going to make a new center piece for that. I have some carpet I used for bunks on a boat trailer that is pretty close to the same color as the trunk liner color. I have had a few instances where someone in the family has had a larger than plugable tire problem and would hate to see this car drug onto a rollback because of it.

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
Ok, two reasons I'm posting. First, to get the color matched caliper cover post off the top of the list.

Second, I may try to modify a Hyundai Genesis coupe spare. I think the aluminum spare for the Brembo equipped cars might work... With modifications... They are 18" not 19", but it will depend where the bridge of the front caliper ends up. Also the bore center is slightly too small, but I could fix that. It might just be worth an eBay purchase to find out.

SROLD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
GT350
WHY CAN'T FORD MAKE UP A SPARE TIRE SETUP TO FIT AND MAKE IT AN AFTER PURCHASE ITEM OR AND OPTION IN THE FIRST PLACE? WOULD SEEM REALLY LOGICAL. IT COULD CERTAINLY BE REMOVED ON A TRACK DAY. WHAT WOULD BE A FAIR PRICE FOR AN OPTION LIKE THIS. I WOULD THINK DEALERS WOULD BE ABLE TO SELL THIS TO AT LEAST 80% OF THE OWNERS.

Yetitime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pak
Only option I can find now due to this set up no longer available is the MMRM350 19x10. Verified with the MFG these will run on the front and back. A bit expensive though. Still researching options but they are limited now.
Sponsored