Sound disappears

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
So the last few days I have an issue that I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed or has a solution for. I am driving along listening to my stereo when my phone rings, or gets a text and my sound goes out, I then have to shut the car off and restart it to get it to work again. I can change channels on the stereo, but can't turn it off, but no sound until I restart my car....needless to say, it's rather annoying when you aren't stopping anytime soon.
Sponsored

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So the last few days I have an issue that I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed or has a solution for. I am driving along listening to my stereo when my phone rings, or gets a text and my sound goes out, I then have to shut the car off and restart it to get it to work again. I can change channels on the stereo, but can't turn it off, but no sound until I restart my car....needless to say, it's rather annoying when you aren't stopping anytime soon.
Hi Gdyup50,

I'd like to help! Please send the VIN in a PM so I can take a look at the vehicle info.

Cara

tdmcb36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I also have this problem, but only with calls, not texts for me. I will hit the end button or the person on the other line will hang up and the time stops on the call but it still looks like I am in a call. I have to turn the car off and open the door to get it to reset, which, like you said is very annoying if on the highway. Sometimes I will turn the car back on and the sound will come back but it still says there is a call connected.

I have tried resetting to factory defaults and not letting it update and it still happened.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I also have this problem, but only with calls, not texts for me. I will hit the end button or the person on the other line will hang up and the time stops on the call but it still looks like I am in a call. I have to turn the car off and open the door to get it to reset, which, like you said is very annoying if on the highway. Sometimes I will turn the car back on and the sound will come back but it still says there is a call connected.

I have tried resetting to factory defaults and not letting it update and it still happened.
Hi tdmcb36,

What update are you trying to install?

Cara

tdmcb36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I wasn't trying to install one I just meant I turned off automatic updates after resetting. I wasn't sure if the system had any updates or not because I had it set to automatic update previously, or if the reset button would even go to the "factory" version of the sync software.

I don't think that had any bearing on the issue, because it still occurs, I just mentioned it because it was something I tried.

Sponsored

tdmcb36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Was there any solution found to this? I just had this happen to me again this morning.

OP
OP
Gdyup50

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
The solution was basically download and install the update (which I already had), and if that doesn't work take the car in....happened to me today again too