Some HPDE Clips

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro

My New $400 GoPro 4 had a software bug/format issue, so all the best video is out the back from my old beat up Hero 2. My H4 recorded about 8 minutes all day :frusty:

Don't try out new electronics for the first time when you need them to work.

After this event I am in no rush to change a single thing that may upset the balance this car has. It is an absolute monster on a road course. It still has all the factory fluids in it.
Sponsored

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 bmw m3

My New $400 GoPro 4 had a software bug/format issue, so all the best video is out the back from my old beat up Hero 2. My H4 recorded about 8 minutes all day :frusty:

Don't try out new electronics for the first time when you need them to work.

After this event I am in no rush to change a single thing that may upset the balance this car has. It is an absolute monster on a road course. It still has all the factory fluids in it.
every time i try a new ANYTHING at the track regarding my GoPro i end up with some kind of issue ... no sound, didn't hit "start", battery died, SD card full.... lol. haven't had one fall off luckily.

i'm actually in the market for a car to replace my 2015 M3 and glad to see at least a few of you guys are using it out there! looks like the GT PP with pads/fluid/tires is good to go. i've heard of guys using stock fluid exclusively and i'm starting to think that fresh OEM fluid is all most people need.

i'm still trying to see about the oil temps/pressure though... did you experience any overheating?

thanks for the videos!

OP
OP
Tim Hilliard

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
every time i try a new ANYTHING at the track regarding my GoPro i end up with some kind of issue ... no sound, didn't hit "start", battery died, SD card full.... lol. haven't had one fall off luckily.

i'm actually in the market for a car to replace my 2015 M3 and glad to see at least a few of you guys are using it out there! looks like the GT PP with pads/fluid/tires is good to go. i've heard of guys using stock fluid exclusively and i'm starting to think that fresh OEM fluid is all most people need.

i'm still trying to see about the oil temps/pressure though... did you experience any overheating?

thanks for the videos!
No temp issues but it was still cool (70's). Factory Ford fluid is actually pretty good, my coach told me not to screw up the car and modify it. He told me to spend all my money of brakes and tires. I imagine on a higher speed course you may experience some factory pad issues, but the way it comes from the factory is pretty impressive.

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 bmw m3
No temp issues but it was still cool (70's). Factory Ford fluid is actually pretty good, my coach told me not to screw up the car and modify it. He told me to spend all my money of brakes and tires. I imagine on a higher speed course you may experience some factory pad issues, but the way it comes from the factory is pretty impressive.
I agree with not modifying .. definitely causes more problems than it solves at times unless there are known weaknesses. glad it's ready to go out of the box!! thanks for the feedback!

SGY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm curious what mods your coach was referring to--motor, suspension, everything? Thanks.

Sponsored

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Now rotate your tires from side to side. Helps them wear more even.

OP
OP
Tim Hilliard

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I'm curious what mods your coach was referring to--motor, suspension, everything? Thanks.
Suspension mostly, my Skip Barber instructors said the same thing. Learn how to drive what you have, don't screw up the balance.

I am adding some track width to the front and some more camber the old fashion way ;)

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid

thanks for the videos!
Why are you interested in replacing your M3?

Also, TY to the OP for the videos. Always love seeing trackday and AutoX vids. One of these days I'll try and put some of mine up (even if they aren't Mustang related...yet).

-T

OP
OP
Tim Hilliard

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
And my GP4 has completely shit the bed :frusty:

I did the update a few weeks ago, reformatted the SD and put it in my van and recorded hours of footage. Yesterday I try to use it and it just locks up to the point where I can't do anything with it :headbonk:

I think I'm going to go on a H2 Used Buying Spree, those cameras were simple and reliable.

My emails to GoPro support are getting less "nice" #400DollarPOS

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 bmw m3
Why are you interested in replacing your M3?

Also, TY to the OP for the videos. Always love seeing trackday and AutoX vids. One of these days I'll try and put some of mine up (even if they aren't Mustang related...yet).

-T
no GOOD reason... justification is for something less expensive but still very capable/fun. the biggest reason is that I just always want something different. I like experiencing different cars. saving money is a plus. just exploring options now!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tim Hilliard

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
no GOOD reason... justification is for something less expensive but still very capable/fun. the biggest reason is that I just always want something different. I like experiencing different cars. saving money is a plus. just exploring options now!
I spoke to an Audi (A4 I think) guy at an HPDE event and he was quizzing me hard about my car. He just spent $700+ for programming to allow the car to rotate better than the factory Nanny controls.

His jaw dropped when I told my car was $33K. So yeah I completely understand a lower cost track toy that still is a nice road car.

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 bmw m3
I spoke to an Audi (A4 I think) guy at an HPDE event and he was quizzing me hard about my car. He just spent $700+ for programming to allow the car to rotate better than the factory Nanny controls.

His jaw dropped when I told my car was $33K. So yeah I completely understand a lower cost track toy that still is a nice road car.
there is no PERFECT car... m3 is pretty close for me but the cost is high compared to some other fun, fast, and plenty nice cars. I would buy a lot of cars before an Audi if I planned on tracking at all.. lol. including a mustang or focus st

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
1St hpde day with my GT PP 6sod. 1.18 g turn to the right, 1.13 to the left and 1.08 braking. 143Mph top speed at Pacific Races at near seattle. Way fun. Not as fast as our 2011 GT500 but better lap times on street tires. FYI senior instructor Porsche and BMW national.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
1St hpde day with my GT PP 6sod. 1.18 g turn to the right, 1.13 to the left and 1.08 braking. 143Mph top speed at Pacific Races at near seattle. Way fun. Not as fast as our 2011 GT500 but better lap times on street tires. FYI senior instructor Porsche and BMW national.
Any more comparison info on the GTPP vs. '11GT500?

When you mnetion not as fast as the GT500, you talking about top speed?
Sponsored