Sponsored

Solo Performance GT exhaust systems review - updated with photos/videos

Which Solo Performance version do you have?

• Mach XV

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • Mach Thunder

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • Street Race

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Axleback

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • other (with header, H-pipe, etc..)

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Annv. Magnetic
Still having drone issues; I adjusted the J-pipe 1/4in first, now out 1/2 inch. No change on either adjustment. I may try moving the pipes in and see what happens.

Anyone else have this issue or corrected it? Thanks

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Wow, this is the first time I've heard a legitimate problem with drone on this setup. That's pretty damn good for 75 pages of posts. I would recommend calling Steve from Solo and ask him how to start adjusting the J pipes to eliminate it.

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Still having drone issues; I adjusted the J-pipe 1/4in first, now out 1/2 inch. No change on either adjustment. I may try moving the pipes in and see what happens.

Anyone else have this issue or corrected it? Thanks
Before I begin, just a note that the J pipes should NOT BE TOUCHED before completing the entire 1,000 mile break in period.

With that being said, go to the stock position where we set them. Hopefully you marked it. Pick a direction, in or out, and move 1" on both sides. Tighten and drive around. If it gets a little better, you're going the right way. If it gets worse, then go back to stock position and repeat the other direction. Once you find the correct way that works for your particular vehicle, continue to adjust in 1/2" increments until you find the sweet spot. Both sides must be moved exactly the same. Everyone's mods and elevation are different, so there is no set way that works for everyone. Thanks and have a great day!

Steve

Sponsored

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Before I begin, just a note that the J pipes should NOT BE TOUCHED before completing the entire 1,000 mile break in period.

With that being said, go to the stock position where we set them. Hopefully you marked it. Pick a direction, in or out, and move 1" on both sides. Tighten and drive around. If it gets a little better, you're going the right way. If it gets worse, then go back to stock position and repeat the other direction. Once you find the correct way that works for your particular vehicle, continue to adjust in 1/2" increments until you find the sweet spot. Both sides must be moved exactly the same. Everyone's mods and elevation are different, so there is no set way that works for everyone. Thanks and have a great day!

Steve
Thanks Steve. I was over the 1k mark before the first adjustment. I'll try to extend further as you said. I did speak to bob and he said to start with 1/4" increments. Maybe it needs larger adjustment...

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT PP2
I installed my Mach Thunder cat back over the weekend, holy sh** its loud. The drone is killer around 1800-2200 so I will have to suck it up until it breaks in. Its going on a lift this weekend to re-check all of the connections.

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed my Mach Thunder cat back over the weekend, holy sh** its loud. The drone is killer around 1800-2200 so I will have to suck it up until it breaks in. Its going on a lift this weekend to re-check all of the connections.
What gears do you have? I have an auto with 3.15's and think that's killing me with the drone at the lower RPM's. I really hope I can tune it out with the J-Pipes. Personally I think the break in is BS, but just following instructions and did wait until the 1k mark before the first adjustment. Per Steve's message above I'm gong to be more aggressive with the adjustment and see what happens...

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT PP2
What gears do you have? I have an auto with 3.15's and think that's killing me with the drone at the lower RPM's. I really hope I can tune it out with the J-Pipes. Personally I think the break in is BS, but just following instructions and did wait until the 1k mark before the first adjustment. Per Steve's message above I'm gong to be more aggressive with the adjustment and see what happens...
3.73..its a performance pack

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Bro, mine still "seemed" to drone a bit at 1000, however I procrastinated making the adjustments, a couple of hundred miles later I noticed it was gone. I don't know when exactly, just one day I realized it wasn't there. Sounds crazy I know :D

I mentioned when I first noticed it many, many pages ago in this thread

Sponsored
OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A PP TY
If not done yet, I'd suggest checking the installation, if anything loose, etc...

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Bro, mine still "seemed" to drone a bit at 1000, however I procrastinated making the adjustments, a couple of hundred miles later I noticed it was gone. I don't know when exactly, just one day I realized it wasn't there. Sounds crazy I know :D

I mentioned when I first noticed it many, many pages ago in this thread
That's the beauty of the break-in period...it just disappears suddenly once the right amount of carbon builds up inside the pipes.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Why would Steve lie in a thread about his exhaust setup? Many folks have confirmed their drone went away about the 1000 mile mark.

Nick71692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang
I too can confirm this...I could easily see why this would disappear as the pipes get coated with carbon build up...I haven't really noticed any drone unless you un cap them which by the way above 3k rpm sounds awesome! All in all I am in love with the mach setup and like others including Todd I have tried many previous setups.

xknockx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
did removing them make them louder? Would probably try that and see what it sounds like lol.
I too can confirm this...I could easily see why this would disappear as the pipes get coated with carbon build up...I haven't really noticed any drone unless you un cap them which by the way above 3k rpm sounds awesome! All in all I am in love with the mach setup and like others including Todd I have tried many previous setups.
Sponsored