Sponsored

Solo Performance Exhaust Pics & Vids

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Oxford White
CB, once I am ready for DP I will unfortunately have to go with another company because solo currently doesn't sell DP seperately
Sponsored

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Guard flavored
I installed my cat-back by myself... I would reccomend getting one more person because trying to adjust everything was a b*tch. Install is pretty simple.

Remove mid pipe fitting, then the two hangers by the rear axle. From there you have to pull out the exhaust from the mid pipe/cat then remove the whole system off the hangers. The stock exhaust was probably 80lbs + so be careful.

I'm not a mechanic by any means and I think I did pretty well. I might do some fine adjustments on an actual lift @ a shop later but for now its good enough.

tl;dr - can be done with a friend in maybe an hour or two. It took me 2+ hours because I was doing everything on my own and I nearly had a heat stroke :headbonk:
Yeah, I would agree with KingofPubs. In 2 hours you could pretty easily do the stock removal and cb install. The downpipe was way more work getting to the turbo flange nuts in the engine bay and swapping oxygen sensors. Not impossible, just more work. The real bitch is fine tuning the tip alignment.

I would dedicate the better part of a day to either install just so you have enough sunlight and frustration-free time to not rush. It definitely helps to have an extra pair of hands.

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha congrats, definitely was surprised on the first start up.
:cheers:

Have you had any issues with drone at city speeds? It seems to get really loud around 2k rpm then dies out to normal levels after/before that. It might be just a natural harmonic thing but want to make sure its not only me.
I've been looking out for this, but with only ~100 miles on the system, it's tough to tell. I'm still getting used to it. I noticed today, in 4th @ 2250rpm, its almost totally quiet. It's really nice. But that depends on if I'm giving it gas or cruising. I wouldn't say I have drone at 2k. Some volume, yes, but not obnoxious highway drone.

I'm really happy with the sound. Start up is still awesome! :headbang: Deeeep rumble for less than a minute while it warms up at ~1250rpm, then it settles down to just below 1k rpm and goes quiet.
Soloooooo :cheers:

I should be able to throw up a video today or tomorrow of startup for you guys.

Shout out to opensesame for convincing me to consider Solo!

DBiggles654

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Deep Impact Blue M/T
Well I decided to go ahead and tackle the catback install. Had help with 2 friends. Wasn't too difficult at all. I must say I am very impressed with the sound!

KingofPubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium MT
Well I decided to go ahead and tackle the catback install. Had help with 2 friends. Wasn't too difficult at all. I must say I am very impressed with the sound!
Congrats! I've noticed that my exhaust tips are completely centered... which is starting to bug me (prolly gonna take a look this weekend).:frusty:

The sound is nice~ I surprisingly get a lot of crackle and pops in the 1st/2nd gear. Might not be for everyone but is pretty nice. I'll try to get a video up this weekend as well.

Sponsored

DBiggles654

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Deep Impact Blue M/T
Congrats! I've noticed that my exhaust tips are completely centered... which is starting to bug me (prolly gonna take a look this weekend).:frusty:

The sound is nice~ I surprisingly get a lot of crackle and pops in the 1st/2nd gear. Might not be for everyone but is pretty nice. I'll try to get a video up this weekend as well.
Yeah trying to center the tips really pissed me off last night so I just said screw it I'll center them later lol. Mine popped a lot when I first installed it but now today the pops seemed to have subsided some.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Is their donut gasket for the turbo outlet 2.5" ID like the stock one or is it larger ID?

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is their donut gasket for the turbo outlet 2.5" ID like the stock one or is it larger ID?
Yes, stock size.

Fyi, for anyone trying to align their tips-
1. First thing, make sure the y-pipe is level. Then tighten the shit out of that band clamp upstream (small one). Otherwise the two resonator pipes will be slightly off and it'll drive you crazy.
2. The real alignment point is the y-pipe to resonator pipe slip fit connection. Get these large band clamps decently finger tight - to the pt where you can still rotate the S-shaped resonator pipes but it takes some effort (and stays put when you let go). Pull and yank the resonator pipes towards the front of the car until they're absolutely 100% seated. This will avoid the rear sway bar banging into the pipes when driving over rough terrain (ask me how i know). Then push up on the actual resonators and check out the alignment from the back. When you're satisfied, torque those band clamps HARD.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, stock size....

bummer.. probably a little loss in hp vs the DP's that use a 3" gasket but it may help with the oil being pushed into the hot side of the turbo with the little restriction there. Either way its much better than the stock for power and it sounds good as well.

Sponsored

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Guys, what do you do with the old exhaust?
Keep it if you want to ever go back to stock. It's not worth anything, really. But, I do agree it's a bitch since it's all once piece. (not counting the DP)

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I kept the stock DP but the cat back I first cut open and posted pictures and afterwards cut the hangars off and the rest went to scrap.

iljalop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Keep it if you want to ever go back to stock. It's not worth anything, really. But, I do agree it's a bitch since it's all once piece. (not counting the DP)
That's my suffering. I have no garage and need to go back to stock some day!
Damn. Have to hide this ugly piece of metal under my bed. THANKS:ford: !

Can someone measure it to make sure it fits?
thank you!
Sponsored