Sponsored

Sold my Base Shelby GT350

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
Hey guys,

Well, I sold my base GT350 this week. I was offered $63k for it, I felt it was an offer I couldn't refuse. What an amazing 5000 mile experience I had. I cannot say enough good things about the Shelby - I feel crazy lucky to have had an Everyday Driver video and One Take with Matt Farah experience in the car. It'll provide an amazing amount of memories. This is a great forum, really appreciate all of the expertise on here.

For reference, here is my impressions post. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40489

Since I'm sure it will be asked, I am not replacing the Shelby. I did however pick up a 2016 Alpina B6. It's awesome, 600hp & 590tq - will be great for trips to Lake Tahoe or Carmel... I also placed an order for a CTS-V. Also, I have my Boss 302 and I have my sights on an R32 Skyline.
whu5Qim.jpg

8OY10WR.jpg

e225w3K.jpg
Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Wow, 63k for a base? That is a great deal. I can't really blame you. Made out with about $6k.

Enjoy your new ride.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Beautiful Alpina.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
What a dumb buyer... Just stupid lol.

OP
OP

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
What a dumb buyer... Just stupid lol.
The buyer is actually very educated - they made about 30 phone calls and have some buyers lined up at the price they want. Apparently they knew some guys that wanted an Avalanche Gray, black stripe/roof.

I get it, it's not a price that you would pay for the car - but in the Bay Area, there are some people that will overpay to get exactly what they want. :cheers:

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Enjoy your bmw problems to follow. Every alpina i have ever seen had lots of issues. Not one ever just came into my bay for an oil change. Not one. I think the cts-v is a much better buy. I hope you sell that bmw before the warranty is up or else youll regret how much less its worth when sold out of warranty.

Sincerely
Bmw master tech

Ps congrats on making money off your gt350

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
[MENTION=16855]bretlasalle[/MENTION] Congrats on the sale! I just realized this is also you on IG. :thumbsup:

Good call on the R32. I'm also an R32 Skyline fan... I always browse thru japaneseclassics.com since they first started and they're getting big & well-known now. Well sooner or later once I have a big enough mancave garage I will chase after a GTS-T coupe or maybe even a GT-R. :D

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Well, it sounds like you will have no shortage of awesome cars. I'm sure you'll miss your shelby, but I equally sure with the cars you will be acquiring you'll be just fine.

OP
OP

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
Enjoy your bmw problems to follow. Every alpina i have ever seen had lots of issues. Not one ever just came into my bay for an oil change. Not one. I think the cts-v is a much better buy. I hope you sell that bmw before the warranty is up or else youll regret how much less its worth when sold out of warranty.

Sincerely
Bmw master tech

Ps congrats on making money off your gt350
Totally!!! I leased it... this is not a car you want to own!

OP
OP

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
[MENTION=16855]bretlasalle[/MENTION] Congrats on the sale! I just realized this is also you on IG. :thumbsup:

Good call on the R32. I'm also an R32 Skyline fan... I always browse thru japaneseclassics.com since they first started and they're getting big & well-known now. Well sooner or later once I have a big enough mancave garage I will chase after a GTS-T coupe or maybe even a GT-R. :D
Nice - I'm eager to start seeing your Focus RS IG photos, that thing will be awesome!

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
The buyer is actually very educated - they made about 30 phone calls and have some buyers lined up at the price they want. Apparently they knew some guys that wanted an Avalanche Gray, black stripe/roof.

I get it, it's not a price that you would pay for the car - but in the Bay Area, there are some people that will overpay to get exactly what they want. :cheers:
it's a used car. not sure about the educated part. Your right about it being cali and overpaying. so i'm really not surprised someone overpaid for a used car.

OP
OP

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
Well, it sounds like you will have no shortage of awesome cars. I'm sure you'll miss your shelby, but I equally sure with the cars you will be acquiring you'll be just fine.
Thanks man, your car was the reason my original order was a Red / black roof track pack! Any chance you got a speeding ticket on April 7th/8th? On my way down to LA there was a race red GT350 that was pulled over... I wondered who that was!

OP
OP

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
it's a used car. not sure about the educated part. Your right about it being cali and overpaying. yall overpay for just about everything out there while your state gov rapes you in fees, taxes, and ridiculous sanctions/regulations on just about everything. so i'm really not surprised someone overpaid for a used car.
You're not wrong, but it's also a place that allows a 28 year old like me access to the opportunities that allow for such fun cars/lifestyle. My focus is on enjoying California, it's a great place for those that want to spend significant time working/playing hard.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I probably would have done the same. Sad to see your GT350 go, but not before you allowed two(still waiting for One Take) reviews of the base car, which probably would have never happened.

Thanks, and enjoy your new car :cheers:

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Does this mean the boss is a better car? Lol, I kid!!! Congrats, I would have done the same thing. Imagine if you had an R. More people would complain here if you got a ton of money for selling it.

Nice choice in cars and gj leasing the luxury car.I wish the R33 was legal here. There was a completely stock R33 at c&c santana row.
Sponsored