Sponsored

So who uses a foam cannon/lance here? Step inside

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Im trying to find a good 1700-2000psi electric power washer. Im personally sick of the gas powered maintenance. While i do have a very nice unit i want a nice electric washer that doesnt cost more then $220

Ive currently looked at Ryobi's two units. Both of these units have high reviws on home depots site.
http://www.amazon.com/Ryobi-Pressure-Electric-Nozzles-RY14122/dp/B00E99D3BQ

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0115..._UL100_SR100,100_&refRID=0M1W5Y1X4G35MX5CMJ6M

Ive looked at two greenworks units. These both also have high ratings, on lowes.
http://www.amazon.com/GreenWorks-GPW1702-Electric-Pressure-Washer/dp/B00PSQ4XUE

http://m.lowes.com/pd/Greenworks-2-000-PSI-1-2-GPM-Cold-Water-Electric-Pressure-Washer/50353386

Ive also looked some others but am not really sold on them. Anyone else using electric washers or experience with these?
Sponsored

w3bb3r04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
I use the small Ryobi one without wheels that Home Depot sells. Its about $120 and works great!

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
OP
OP

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I use the small Ryobi one without wheels that Home Depot sells. Its about $120 and works great!
You find the 1.2gpm to be suitable for rinsing the car after ? I think it'd be enough to rinse the car well. Ive heard some say its not enough but they are compairing to gas units with 2.0 gpm or more. Trying to get as much feedback as possible. It seems some people have super unrealistic expectations for electric units.
I just got the Sun Joe 3000 and MTM foam cannon this week.

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-SPX3000-Electric-Pressure-14-5-Amp/dp/B00CPGMUXW
Let me know how the pressure is, please! Ive heard that despite its rating of psi and gpm, it doesnt feel like it from someone that switch to the 2000psi ryobi i linked. I mention it because i looked at the one you bought as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Does that sunjoe have brass or stainless threading on the unit or is it plastic?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I have the greenworks one. The bigger of the 2 you posted and linked from Lowes. Have had it for a year and love it.

w3bb3r04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
You find the 1.2gpm to be suitable for rinsing the car after ? I think it'd be enough to rinse the car well. Ive heard some say its not enough but they are compairing to gas units with 2.0 gpm or more. Trying to get as much feedback as possible. It seems some people have super unrealistic expectations for electric units.
I notice some suds under the trunk and hood if Im rushing but definitely has no problem rinsing the car off. I think for an occasional use machine it is a great product. I only foam the car when it is super dirty or just dusty and want to avoid bucket washing.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
OP
OP

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I have the greenworks one. The bigger of the 2 you posted and linked from Lowes. Have had it for a year and love it.
Great to hear.
I notice some suds under the trunk and hood if Im rushing but definitely has no problem rinsing the car off. I think for an occasional use machine it is a great product. I only foam the car when it is super dirty or just dusty and want to avoid bucket washing.
:cheers:
I received my knock off snow cannon and honeydew snow foam last night. My Mustang is at the dealer so I tried it out on my Camry, using a Sunjoe SPX3000, and it worked great!

http://www.amazon.com/Leadrise®-Adj...M?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref_=ya_st_dp_summary

Looks like 3 of us have the SPX3000. So that may be saying something.
what has made me leary of this one is the plastic fitting issues ive seen mentioned alot. Mainly where the two hoses connects to the washer itself. I like that it has a higher gpm rating

Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Mine came with an extra adaptor for the hose hookup up front. They aren't really plastic, its aluminum with a plastic covering. If I ever ran into a problem with those hookups, I'd just replace them with brass ones.

OP
OP

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Mine came with an extra adaptor for the hose hookup up front. They aren't really plastic, its aluminum with a plastic covering. If I ever ran into a problem with those hookups, I'd just replace them with brass ones.
Interesting. Thats good news they arent completely plastic.

Matt In The Hat

Hook 'Em
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I used a quick disconnect on that piece anyway to make it easier. 100% leak free for mr me so far after 5 months of use. I would also recommend getting a longer hose or extension hose.
Sponsored