Sponsored

So my buddy made me a deal for a GT350 or R...

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
If I can somehow find him a 2018 Porsche GT3 RS at MSRP... he will finance me a GT350 or R at any payment I can afford. LOL. How impossible would this be?
Sponsored

Mr. Adair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3
If I can somehow find him a 2018 Porsche GT3 RS at MSRP... he will finance me a GT350 or R at any payment I can afford. LOL. How impossible would this be?
He is probably referring to the new 2018 GT3 not the RS which has been out two years. And to answer your question, you have no idea how hard. Waiting lists can vary from 4 to 14 people per car...

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Well considering the 2018 GT3 RS doesn't even officially exist i would say that you are on a fools errand. Only the the new GT3 has been announced.

On the second part, the "any payment you can afford" is the oldest dealership trick ever.... If i make your term long enough, or down payment big enough, or jack you around on your trade in, i can definitely hit your number! doesn't mean its a good deal.

Tell him you want the car for 3K under invoice and see how much of a friend he is!

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Your buddy is a comedian in his spare time, right?

OP
OP

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well considering the 2018 GT3 RS doesn't even officially exist i would say that you are on a fools errand. Only the the new GT3 has been announced.

On the second part, the "any payment you can afford" is the oldest dealership trick ever.... If i make your term long enough, or down payment big enough, or jack you around on your trade in, i can definitely hit your number! doesn't mean its a good deal.

Tell him you want the car for 3K under invoice and see how much of a friend he is!
This is a good friend of mine. He literally would take what payment I could afford. I wouldn't be paying him interest.

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I understand it's your close friend but I love when a dealer asks me what I want to pay. My line is always the same. "I want to pay nothing. Get me as close to zero as possible and we can talk." Good luck in your quest.

OP
OP

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand it's your close friend but I love when a dealer asks me what I want to pay. My line is always the same. "I want to pay nothing. Get me as close to zero as possible and we can talk." Good luck in your quest.
Haha, I love that line also. Thanks man.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If your friend who can afford a GT3 and to loan you 60-70k+ at no interest cant find a GT3 at sticker, I'm honestly not sure how you will.

Most of the folks who get GT cars at sticker do so by being long time loyal p-car owners (likely with multiple GT cars already purchased from that dealer)

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
The GT3 RS is the hard one to find. Supposedly, all for like $50k or more over invoice. The Purple one is amazing.....is this it?

Dave

ZAMIRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your friend is yanking your chain. '18 RSs will be offered to 918 owners (original) and a select few other VIP Porsche clients at MSRP and then the markup games will begin.

Even at zero interest financing, selling you the GT350 or R would be a smoking deal for him.

If you do somehow manage to find an '18 RS at MSRP, buy it yourself, flip it, pocket your original investment and then use the profit + used Hyundai money to get your GT350 or R.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The GT3 RS is the hard one to find. Supposedly, all for like $50k or more over invoice. The Purple one is amazing.....is this it?

Dave

some were listed with 100k+ markups. However still no word on a 18 RS

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
As stated numerous times above, presently there is NO such thing as a "2018 GT3 RS"... NONE.

The 991.1 GT3 RS models are all 2016 models. There is no 2017 GT3 nor GT3 RS. The 2018 model is the new 991.2 "GT3" and it does come with the new 4.0 from the RSR/Cup car... so yes a beast. Frankly that's the one to shoot for although at this point, the msrp deals are literally gone.... because the waiting lists at all dealerships are already quite long and many with a markup. I'll use myself as an example so the only reason I'm able to land one at msrp is because of a preferred client status (i.e. bought & traded-back multiple Porsches to the same dealership... hence a local dealership VIP per se). Anyway the point is as a newbie into the game, it's difficult although not impossible to get a GT car at msrp especially when the dealer typically rewards first its repeat local clients.

If he's after a 991.1 GT3 RS then there is 99.9% chance he will have to pay above sticker... and currently they sell in a jiffy once the markup gets down to say 20k-30k over. Even at wholesale auctions they tend to sell at or above msrp. If it's a PTS (Paint-to-Sample) rare color then it's an easy 50K+ markup as well.

The next "RS" car will either be a GT2 RS or a GT3 RS.... and the only ones that can get it at msrp are VIP/VVIP clients... I may have a chance and no I am not selling my allocation if I get lucky to land one. Reason being is RS cars are strictly very limited by production numbers and even a big name dealer would be lucky to get 2 or maybe 3 allocations per calendar year... the first allocation usually goes to their top VIP/VVIP - yeah the ones that buy dozens of Porsches or the "918+Panamera+911Turbo+etc." clients.

At this point, I'd rather pay over msrp (to a limit of course) for a GT350-R anyway. And if a non-R GT350 then there are msrp deals abound out there. Tell your buddy good luck... tell him to go to Manheim auctions and bid on occasional 2016 GT3 RS cars that cross the blocks since that may be the best chance to snatch one near sticker but be prepared to see bidding wars.
Sponsored