So I tried Ceratec..

Vanillasludge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hello all! As an owner of what may be the highest mileage 2019 GT pretty much anywhere right now (38,000 miles) I had completely resigned myself to the bbq tick. It ticked from new. It ticked hot, it ticked cold. It ticked.

Regarding the mileage:
I drive my car year round, thanks to Blizzaks, and put a lot highway miles down. My car burns about a quart every 5000 miles and has been (other than a mis balanced drive shaft) completely flawless.

On my last oil change I popped in a can of Ceratec, half expecting to kiss my $25 goodbye, or worse.

Thing is, that junk actually worked. The bbq tick is gone. I’m frankly shocked that a product actually did...something.

Here’s a very brief video of my experience.

Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Glad I don’t have this tick or noticed it at least. that Coyote runs good!

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
So strange to me that this works, I'd love to know what's going on inside the engine and why this has an affect on it. Somehow my engine doesn't tick, even post 1st oil change. Probably means it's gonna blow up but oh well lol

OP
OP
Vanillasludge

Vanillasludge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So strange to me that this works, I'd love to know what's going on inside the engine and why this has an affect on it. Somehow my engine doesn't tick, even post 1st oil change. Probably means it's gonna blow up but oh well lol
Agreed. I have to wonder what the hell is going on that could be solved by something like this. Of course, I could be totally hosed and don’t know it yet.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Agreed. I have to wonder what the hell is going on that could be solved by something like this. Of course, I could be totally hosed and don’t know it yet.
Glad it worked for you. This product and the company that make it (Liquid Moly) have been around for a long time and have a solid reputation. Mustang owners have been using it for as long as the Coyote has been around and especially since the Gen 3 came out.

Sponsored

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Is it good to use it even if you dont have the tick?
I dont have the tick but decided to dumpnin a bottle for warm fuzzy insurance. Its a friction modifier I think so I don't see how it can do anything but make things slicker inside the engine. I will say that even thou I don't have the tick I do feel the stuff made my engine overall run quieter.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So both Me and my buddy, both 19 gts, had ticks. I bought us some cans of this(we only used one each) and I swear the second i poured it in the ticks stopped and the engine ran smoother and it made an actual noticeable difference. We are both sold on it. From what I understand it is not an oil modifier but it coats and sticks to the metal surfaces using your oil as a carrier. It reduces wear and friction. IM guessing the coating makes what ever it is ticking slick enough that it slides and stops ticking??? no idea I just know IM sold on the stuff and so is my buddy who never buys into additives but hes already ordered his next couple cans.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hello all! As an owner of what may be the highest mileage 2019 GT pretty much anywhere right now (38,000 miles) I had completely resigned myself to the bbq tick. It ticked from new. It ticked hot, it ticked cold. It ticked.

Regarding the mileage:
I drive my car year round, thanks to Blizzaks, and put a lot highway miles down. My car burns about a quart every 5000 miles and has been (other than a mis balanced drive shaft) completely flawless.

On my last oil change I popped in a can of Ceratec, half expecting to kiss my $25 goodbye, or worse.

Thing is, that junk actually worked. The bbq tick is gone. I’m frankly shocked that a product actually did...something.

Here’s a very brief video of my experience.

I loved the video.. ticky ticky.... the ticking stopped what the hell is in that stuff LOL

ThatGuy5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I remember when I first used it, I thought it would be something that would take a few miles before it kicked it but this stuff worked instantly.

Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
So both Me and my buddy, both 19 gts, had ticks. I bought us some cans of this(we only used one each) and I swear the second i poured it in the ticks stopped and the engine ran smoother and it made an actual noticeable difference. We are both sold on it. From what I understand it is not an oil modifier but it coats and sticks to the metal surfaces using your oil as a carrier. It reduces wear and friction. IM guessing the coating makes what ever it is ticking slick enough that it slides and stops ticking??? no idea I just know IM sold on the stuff and so is my buddy who never buys into additives but hes already ordered his next couple cans.
Coating of metal surfaces takes time. But ceratec's impact on the tick is immediate. So I guess ceratec changes some of the oil properties, which happens immediately after it is added and the engine runs for a couple of minutes.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Coating of metal surfaces takes time. But ceratec's impact on the tick is immediate. So I guess ceratec changes some of the oil properties, which happens immediately after it is added and the engine runs for a couple of minutes.
Heck I dont know i just know what the box and web site says. Says its a friction modifier that bonds directly to metal surfaces. All i know is it works :)

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Which auto parts stores carry this?
Think I grabbed mine off Amazon for $17 , may wanna shop around.....its sorta expensive for such a little bottle. I used 1 whole bottle but instructions say to use 1 bottle to 5 quarts of oil. One bottle seemed to do the trick
Sponsored