Sponsored

So I think I will need to replace the motor | Currently at the Dealer

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Something doesn't seem to be adding up here. How can a car be six quarts low and not a spec of oil under the car or in the driveway? Wouldn't the oil light come on at some point?
Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Something doesn't seem to be adding up here. How can a car be six quarts low and not a spec of oil under the car or in the driveway? Wouldn't the oil light come on at some point?
That is the million dollar question a lot of us want to know. My 16 tech pack was going through a quart of oil every 3-400ish miles and there was nothing more than usual in the catch cans, no leaks on the driveway/parking lots and it wasn't blowing blue smoke out the tailpipe. Who the hell knows? :shrug:

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I check mine after every full day of driving, every tank of gas, pretty much all the time. It is a peace of mind knowing the level is good. And! I am anal.

I am almost positive we are still below the 1%. But you know how it goes and for some the sky is always falling. Shit! I was on my way to a third engine replacement and bought another. LOL. What are the chances of another failure? SCREW IT!!!! YOLO!! hahahahaha
A few of us are idiots. :headbonk::D;):cheers:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Whats up Gents, so a little update their speaking to Ford right now so im just waiting, while I do im working so its keeping me busy so ya.

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Already know the exact wheels, but were planning on building her for SEMA full build and our goal is to beat the record and push to 1600 WHP

I know well they said it I did it (not smart but a point to show them the car is not running right). I service my own cars at my shop as we do builds and such so we have the ability but being that the car is under warranty im letting the dealership handle this mess.
If you need an R stand-in for SEMA, let me know? :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

RadBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 BOSS302, 29 Model A Roadster
Feel sorry for you. With metallic flakes showing up anywhere, the decision should be tear the engine completely apart. Contaminates in oil go everywhere. Insist on a new motor.

I doubt they will give you the original motor.

OP
OP
Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Feel sorry for you. With metallic flakes showing up anywhere, the decision should be tear the engine completely apart. Contaminates in oil go everywhere. Insist on a new motor.

I doubt they will give you the original motor.
Ya I doubt it as well brotha, im certain theyll do me right and change that motor out, just waiting on ford.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Bummer man, sorry to see your having issues. Like a few others on here I check my oil allot. So far I haven't lost any. That being said I still don't get to drive my car much. 1105 miles after a 10 mile ride tonight. Had a bad day, took it for a ride. Let the engine get to full temp while just cruising, then turn off the t.c. ..... nuff said! I'm smiling now.

I hope I never have an engine failure. I would be sick. Hope they get you fixed up quickly!

OP
OP
Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Bummer man, sorry to see your having issues. Like a few others on here I check my oil allot. So far I haven't lost any. That being said I still don't get to drive my car much. 1105 miles after a 10 mile ride tonight. Had a bad day, took it for a ride. Let the engine get to full temp while just cruising, then turn off the t.c. ..... nuff said! I'm smiling now.

I hope I never have an engine failure. I would be sick. Hope they get you fixed up quickly!
Thanks brotha !

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Best of luck with a successful outcome (whatever that may be)!

My car has taken 3 quarts in slightly less than 6000 miles. Catch cans get quite a bit, probably 1/2 quart or less (total) in that same mileage. I also wonder where it all goes. There is definitely carbon on the tail pipes, so it must be going out the back, but exhaust smells OK and I don't see smoke.

I wonder how much oil those old Civics go through? I see them smoking all time, looking like a two stroke weedeater motor.

-T
Sponsored