Sponsored

Siri not working

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
So i have been using the apple eyes free feature for several months now, and all of a sudden the other day it stopped working. My phone connects automatically. However when I hit the button on the steering wheel it used to activate my iPhone's Siri feature. Now it just bring up the sync voice and says "say a command" if I activate Siri from my phone the Siri feature and voice pops up on the display in the car and the feature works normally. The issue is the button in the car will no longer fetch Siri from the phone it defaults to the basic sync voice command. I tried resetting the sync features and unpairing/pairing my phone and it's still not working unless I use my phone to activate Siri. Anybody have this problem?
Sponsored

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Have you performed a hard reset (power + home) of the phone itself as of yet? If not, try that route as it could be something on the phone in a faulty state not accepting the incoming command.

aerodyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP 6MT Magnetic / Redline
Did the button on the steering wheel activate Siri immediately, or did it require a long press? My 2016 has required a long press to activate Siri since I got it - a short press just brings up the Sync voice prompt.

If yours used to do it immediately, try holding the button down for a few seconds. Maybe a software update or something changed the behavior.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So i have been using the apple eyes free feature for several months now, and all of a sudden the other day it stopped working. My phone connects automatically. However when I hit the button on the steering wheel it used to activate my iPhone's Siri feature. Now it just bring up the sync voice and says "say a command" if I activate Siri from my phone the Siri feature and voice pops up on the display in the car and the feature works normally. The issue is the button in the car will no longer fetch Siri from the phone it defaults to the basic sync voice command. I tried resetting the sync features and unpairing/pairing my phone and it's still not working unless I use my phone to activate Siri. Anybody have this problem?
Hi 50hhh,

Do you have the MyFord Touch or SYNC 3: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync...h-sync/how-to-identify-your-sync-version.html

I also agree with UofMEngineer. Try a soft reset on your iPhone. Press & hold the POWER and HOME button until the apple appears on the screen. Let go of both and allow the phone to power up.

Get back to me when you get a chance.

Shaay
Sponsored