Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bergeford.com
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP/RECARO MAGNETIC
Since the 2015 has been out for a few months now; there should be enough data online to answer this equation.....

I know that there are almost infinite possibilities... However which variables will net the highest HP on a naturally asperated 2015 GT?

Please share your provable data or professional insight.

COLD-AIR INTAKE
* Airaid
* JLT
* Steeda
* Ford Racing
* Other

PROGRAMMABLE TUNERS
* SCT
* Diablo
* Lund
* Other

CATBACK EXHAUST (street/touring/race/off-road)
* American Racing
* Bassani
* Borla
* Corsa
* Flowmaster
* Ford Racing / Borla
* Gibson
* Kooks
* Magnaflow
* MBRP
* ROUSH
* SALEEN
* Stainless Works
* Steeda
* Other
Sponsored

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
My vote goes with JLT, ARH full exhaust, lund. ~450 rwhp. Any CAI should be relatively the same, but I like JLT for the color match paint. I purchased this setup and am looking forward to installing it once Ford decides to ship my car

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Coyote 5.0L's do not see any real gains from CAI's (the factory airbox is not a restriction) or from different axleback mufflers. Sure, those aftermarket CAI's look awesome when you pop the hood and those axlebacks sound great, but don't buy either expecting any power gains!

The magic is in the tuning. That's where all the power comes from when you buy a CAI/tuner combo, so save money and just get the tuner. Add an O/R mid-pipe if you want power gains from exhaust changes. Eliminating the factory cats allows for much more aggressive tuning, thus yielding better power gains.

Take it from a guy who has owned a couple of Coyotes, modded them, raced them, and documented power gains along the way.

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
My vote goes with JLT, ARH full exhaust, lund. ~450 rwhp. Any CAI should be relatively the same, but I like JLT for the color match paint. I purchased this setup and am looking forward to installing it once Ford decides to ship my car
I agree with this. However I think the money for a catback would be better spent on a set of headers. You can get kooks for roughly the same price and ARH long system for about 200 more. Catback is for 5whp at the most where headers will give you sound as well as 20-30whp

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Coyote 5.0L's do not see any real gains from CAI's (the factory airbox is not a restriction) or from different axleback mufflers. Sure, those aftermarket CAI's look awesome when you pop the hood and those axlebacks sound great, but don't buy either expecting any power gains!

The magic is in the tuning. That's where all the power comes from when you buy a CAI/tuner combo, so save money and just get the tuner. Add an O/R mid-pipe if you want power gains from exhaust changes. Eliminating the factory cats allows for much more aggressive tuning, thus yielding better power gains.

Take it from a guy who has owned a couple of Coyotes, modded them, raced them, and documented power gains along the way.

Jlt 13/14hp.

Tune only baseline,
Jlt and tune. 13/14 more.

So hmmm. The baseline tune GAINED 13/14 peak hp with the jlt.

So take it from ACTUAL DYNO RESULTS.

5hp from a cat back. According to your post. More power can be had from exhaust changes?

Your surely not comparing headers to a intake. That would be moronic. So it has to be a catback vs a intake

"Mustang guru" please. Better off as "mustang intermediate" at best. Especially with that advise and after admitting you owned a 75 mustang

Sponsored

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
I agree with this. However I think the money for a catback would be better spent on a set of headers. You can get kooks for roughly the same price and ARH long system for about 200 more. Catback is for 5whp at the most where headers will give you sound as well as 20-30whp

$1200 for sound?

I love this forum

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
Since the 2015 has been out for a few months now; there should be enough data online to answer this equation.....

I know that there are almost infinite possibilities... However which variables will net the highest HP on a naturally asperated 2015 GT?

Please share your provable data or professional insight.

COLD-AIR INTAKE
* Airaid
* JLT
* Steeda
* Ford Racing
* Other

PROGRAMMABLE TUNERS
* SCT
* Diablo
* Lund
* Other

CATBACK EXHAUST (street/touring/race/off-road)
* American Racing
* Bassani
* Borla
* Corsa
* Flowmaster
* Ford Racing / Borla
* Gibson
* Kooks
* Magnaflow
* MBRP
* ROUSH
* SALEEN
* Stainless Works
* Steeda
* Other
Search for my Dyno graphs.

Livernois
JLT
Gibson
Stainless works 1 7/8

445/412

Another Livernois customer & member here has
Jlt
Gibson
ARH headers
460/420

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
$1200 for sound?

I love this forum
Where do you get 1200 from? Most of the catback are a few 100 cheaper than headers or close to the same price depending on the brand. I respect you on this forum, but please don't lump me into the majority on this forum as I am not!.... Very low blow my friend.

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
headers are one of my favorite mods, they sound killer and deliver power.

as far as a cai, I will say the same thing I've been saying for years.

If you never see the track, I would probably stick with the stock air box, as it seals off the heat very well.

At the track, the jlt's, steedas, and good cai's sould net you .1 or .15 in the 1/4, we've tested it and done it.

Most people going for optimum et, are cooling the engine, and making passes at excess of over 100mph.

the air is flowing and the heat isn't an issue.

for stop and go street, the stock box is great, for the track, we love the jlts' there is a reason almost every record setting n/a and pd blower car runs them......

OP
OP
AGENT4734

AGENT4734

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bergeford.com
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Search for my Dyno graphs.

Livernois
JLT
Gibson
Stainless works 1 7/8

445/412

Another Livernois customer & member here has
Jlt
Gibson
ARH headers
460/420
Thanks... This is what I was looking for. Data proven results. Thanks Anthony! :cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP
AGENT4734

AGENT4734

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bergeford.com
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Please provide data proven results... this thread was not meant to bash M6G members... please play fair... we all have our own opinions... :cheers:

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
Please provide data proven results... this thread was not meant to bash M6G members... please play fair... we all have our own opinions... :cheers:
there are plenty of dynos out there and most people are making about 420whp with your listed mods

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Jlt 13/14hp.

Tune only baseline,
Jlt and tune. 13/14 more.

So hmmm. The baseline tune GAINED 13/14 peak hp with the jlt.

So take it from ACTUAL DYNO RESULTS.

5hp from a cat back. According to your post. More power can be had from exhaust changes?

Your surely not comparing headers to a intake. That would be moronic. So it has to be a catback vs a intake

"Mustang guru" please. Better off as "mustang intermediate" at best. Especially with that advise and after admitting you owned a 75 mustang
I don't care much for dyno results. I care much more about timeslip data. I have hundreds of 1/4 mile passes worth of data from my '11 GT and '14 GT. I've owned/raced eight Mustangs (as well as quite a few other cars - Ford and otherwise) and modded each of them plenty.

I've tried a variety of tuners, I've tried CAI's, I've run different mid-pipes and axlebacks. I (and most consumers) are looking for good bang-for-the-buck. CAI's offer very little beyond just looking cool. Axlebacks offer very little beyond just sounding great. To many customers, that's enough reason to buy them. I enjoy the axlebacks on my '14 GT as they sound great, but I know they don't add any power to the equation. Long tube headers and off-road mid-pipes are where additional power can be found.

Oh, that '75 Mustang Mach 1 in my signature? I bought it 30+ years ago when I was just 16 years old. It was only a couple of years old when I bought it. I successfully modded that car and dropped its 1/4 mile ET's by over 4 full seconds, then I sold it in the mid 1980's. I've learned plenty more about modding in the 30 years since then, so please keep the personal insults to yourself.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
there are plenty of dynos out there and most people are making about 420whp with your listed mods
My car makes 435 rwhp with just tuning & O/R H-pipe for power mods. Stock airbox, stock paper filter, etc. Traps 117+ mph in the 1/4 mile, despite a 3860 lb raceweight (with me in the car).

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Agree on the headers. I've purchased a full ARH system LT headers to tips (O/R with an H-pipe). In my reading it sounds like a 40-50 HP gain with the CAI, tune, and full exhaust. I've also bought a SC under the premise that a motor is an air pump, more in and more out, intake and exhaust. Love the sound of the few cars I've heard on here with LT's. I would love to eventually make 550-600 RWHP. If funds were limited I would probably go with a tune to up the HP and save up for the full exhaust which I can tune for after I install.
Sponsored