Sponsored

Short video with Auto-Blip installed - upgraded microphone for lap timer/camera...

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
This is for all you video junkies that like to see/hear the sound of this wonderful FPC. In my previous videos, namely on the track, the sound of the exhaust was wonderful but I was still getting some wind noise at high speeds. So, I bought some wind socks for the microphone and was doing a test run. I think the sound quality is very good with this setup - it helps if you have a good set of speakers hooked up to your computer!

Also, for those of you that are curious about the Auto-Blip...this is the first video I have with it installed. Bottom line is that it works awesome and it is going to be a huge asset on the track. I am leveling the playing field compared to my GT3RS which has PDK and rev-matching built in. Also, I am running Hoosier R7's 295/315 and Castrol SRF. I did not install the track pads until it gets closer in order to avoid squeal for street driving. I have also removed the clutch helper spring altogether - it needs nothing else. I did the same thing on my older M3.

Anyway, for those of you that have not heard this car in person, then this video clip will give you a good idea in normal driving conditions in Sport Mode.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]Fot2CEyz_O8[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

Last edited:

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Wow, sounds amazing! How exactly does one install auto-blip/rev-matching installed (as I am not good at heal toe)? What is the cost and is it as effective as many of the factory rev-match set ups? Thanks in advance and again, DAYYMN that sounds awesome.

elmn8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT-350 H0124 - Race Red
Here for the device.

There's a good thread on the other site by VooDooBoss about installing and calibrating.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Awesome device, any ideas who would be good for an install in California?

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
How do you like it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
mmm635

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R

alevine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Porsche GT3, '15 BMW M3, '17 GT350R, '05 997
This is for all you video junkies that like to see/hear the sound of this wonderful FPC. In my previous videos, namely on the track, the sound of the exhaust was wonderful but I was still getting some wind noise at high speeds. So, I bought some wind socks for the microphone and was doing a test run. I think the sound quality is very good with this setup - it helps if you have a good set of speakers hooked up to your computer!

Also, for those of you that are curious about the Auto-Blip...this is the first video I have with it installed. Bottom line is that it works awesome and it is going to be a huge asset on the track. I am leveling the playing field compared to my GT3RS which has PDK and rev-matching built in. Also, I am running Hoosier R7's 295/315 and Castrol SRF. I did not install the track pads until it gets closer in order to avoid squeal for street driving. I have also removed the clutch helper spring altogether - it needs nothing else. I did the same thing on my older M3.

Anyway, for those of you that have not heard this car in person, then this video clip will give you a good idea in normal driving conditions in Sport Mode.

Very cool! I will look into this. BTW, is that Harry's Lap Timer??

OP
OP
mmm635

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Very cool! I will look into this. BTW, is that Harry's Lap Timer??
Thanks. It is the AIM solo gps with smarty cam hd. I have the same setup in the RS, except it also has one in the rear as well. I have a gopro for the rear of the mustang, but will eventually upgrade to the aim solo as well. The lap timer automatically starts and stops the cameras via gps motion and makes it one less thing to worry about before you hit the track and after.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350

That's a wicked sound with awesome revs going on there. Is that auto blip the same as rev matching in the corvette of porsche?

Did you remove your resonators or have any other exhaust mods done? Your car sounds like a true hard core race car. Very impressive

Sponsored
OP
OP
mmm635

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Update...

Had my resonators removed today and did a small video recording...Enjoy!!!

BTW...I did get stopped by a cop while taking this video - the sacrifices we make. He was cool when I explained to him I had to test out the new resonator delete and microphone!! LOL

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]H0kzYtYSThc[/MEDIA]"]

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
Really, really awesome sounding, thanks for sharing!

Where did you got to find a road with speed limit over 100 mph? :headbonk:

OP
OP
mmm635

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
That's a wicked sound with awesome revs going on there. Is that auto blip the same as rev matching in the corvette of porsche?

Did you remove your resonators or have any other exhaust mods done? Your car sounds like a true hard core race car. Very impressive
For the most part it works the same way but has adjustability for duration of blip and how much it blips. With the resonator delete it sounds extremely wicked.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Really, really awesome sounding, thanks for sharing!

Where did you got to find a road with speed limit over 100 mph? :headbonk:
Looks like mexico to me :ninja:
Sponsored