Shelby GT350 Videos on Ford's Website

OP
OP

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
Huh, I like the Shelby name, but I agree I would love to pay less for a car called something else.
Agreed, but as well all know from our business classes, a product will be worth more once it has a brand name.

But anyways getting back on discussion, take a look of front of the mules. Some of them have the smaller front fascia. If we know all of these test cars were for the GT350, why do some of them have the smaller front facia? We know that the fully uncovered white 350 at the ring had to be a 350, but what about the the other car? I know some say it was a high-reving coyote, but after seeing these videos and shots from the engine bay, I am not sure.
Sponsored

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
I wish Ford would stop using the Shelby name for their products. I think that Shelby was mostly just a good business man during his prime, and there is no reason to have his name plastered all over new Ford vehicles. Remove the name, and save us all from paying for the licensing fee.
:eyebulge::headbonk:While we're at it we should go ahead and do away with Mach 1, Boss 302, Bullitt, and that pesky GT name...

Belobog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Viper, 2012 Boss 302
I'd just prefer to not have a man's name on my car who had nothing to do with the design or production. The actual cost it adds is inconsequential, it's more the principal of paying for something that I feel is a dumb concept.

Also, it would be crazy to buy a price inflated 90k GT350R over a Viper or C7 Z06 which will be going on large discounts soon.

Sponsored

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Its awesome to see the car in motion real time on the VIR. You can see from the motion into and out of the apex that the car is very planted and controlled with very little if any roll.

The amount of money we would dump into a 5.0 GT to get all that control....its going to make this purchase a real bang for the buck.

Its going to be a hell of an experience to finally drive one.

jrease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I know Ford said they are not releasing Nurburgring times but wonder if we'll be seeing any other "official" track times for the GT350.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I'd just prefer to not have a man's name on my car who had nothing to do with the design or production. The actual cost it adds is inconsequential, it's more the principal of paying for something that I feel is a dumb concept.

Also, it would be crazy to buy a price inflated 90k GT350R over a Viper or C7 Z06 which will be going on large discounts soon.
Wait, you are talking about the Ford name, right?

-T

Doc Holliday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500
^^^ It amuses me when people get so worked up over this.

But in reference to the topic at hand, the videos look promising.

Sponsored

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc

Ya know Sony did some research studies back in the day that concluded that people would pay more for the color black on their tech even if two items were identical in every other way.

The same was concluded for a name brand and the image it represented.

So apply that to cars.....

Take 2 mustangs and build them up the same way. Then slap the Shelby name on one and leave the other one without it. The Shelby will be worth more based on that name. Yes a very psychological trick played on the human mind.

Many of us have built up our own Mustangs to the same or far better spec than the Shelby's. But the Shelby's are still worth more. Based on the history and reputation associated with the name. Oh well.

BUT....

This is a Ford mustang built by Ford in honor of Carrol Shelby. And as its already been announce the car will be surprisingly affordable.

I'm betting that that's true. And that this car is really a shot across the bow towards so many other manufacturers out there to have to step up their game....Because Ford is really bringing it.

Just saying
----

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2

Lastly..I know you have been beat up over this thread, but if you watch the videos from FORD, they said he did have a lot to do with this car, he just pasted before it was released, so you are very wrong he had a lot to do with the design, etc..

Pageboi87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra 2003 Roush Mustang
^ Agreed! Shelby did have his hands in the making of this Amazing piece of machinery.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Every GT350 sold will have had Shelby's actual hat sitting on the hood for 350 seconds. It is an actual station at the end of the assembly line...

The GT350R's have done a full lap at Nurburgring with the hat in the same location... It's called downforce...

Camaro fans instantly rule out any mumblings of a 7:32 due to this "hat's" involvement... while they dial in some sweet 1/4 mile times from a sound bite.

Belobog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Viper, 2012 Boss 302
It's all marketing. He was too busy suing people and selling his name to work on any cars.
Sponsored