Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Options

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
I am on deck to buy a Shelby GT350 with the technology package. I know that the order guide that was leaked for the car is not complete but I am curious to find out what other options will be available. I compared the GT350 order guide to the Mustang GT Premium and found the following things missing that I would be interested in as follows. First I would like to have the adaptive cruise control and rain sensing wipers. I want the ambient lighting and illuminated sill plates. I plan to keep the car stock so I also want the best stereo availble which is the Shaker Pro 12 speaker set with HD radio. I want the enhanced security package with the electronic locking center console and the BLISS/Cross traffic alert and I expect the seats to be memory seats with memory mirrors. I don't believe that Ford will leave out options available on a lower model in comparison to the GT350. I don't care about the weight I am not going to race the car on the track so give me the goodies and give me all of them. Ford please just shut up and take my money! :headbonk: Have any of you thought the same as me and are interested in more options than just the tech pack or track pack?
Sponsored

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
I am on deck to buy a Shelby GT350 with the technology package. I know that the order guide that was leaked for the car is not complete but I am curious to find out what other options will be available. I compared the GT350 order guide to the Mustang GT Premium and found the following things missing that I would be interested in as follows. First I would like to have the adaptive cruise control and rain sensing wipers. I want the ambient lighting and illuminated sill plates. I plan to keep the car stock so I also want the best stereo availble which is the Shaker Pro 12 speaker set with HD radio. I want the enhanced security package with the electronic locking center console and the BLISS/Cross traffic alert and I expect the seats to be memory seats with memory mirrors. I don't believe that Ford will leave out options available on a lower model in comparison to the GT350. I don't care about the weight I am not going to race the car on the track so give me the goodies and give me all of them. Ford please just shut up and take my money! :headbonk: Have any of you thought the same as me and are interested in more options than just the tech pack or track pack?
I believe we have seen 99% of what will be offered. It is more of a purpose built car and will remain that way.Just my 2 cents. I will be getting the tech pack also.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
FYI the previous Boss 302 was essentially a base model Mustang with performance upgrades. I don't expect the GT350 to have every luxury option that a Premium GT can be bought with.

OP
OP

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Drat and double drat! I was hoping for more goodies. I guess I am being greedy.

OP
OP

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was hoping for it to be more option loaded like the GT500s but I undrstand the purpose built part.

Sponsored

u8mylunch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Corvette, 2003 Audi A6, 1984 Ford F150
I do hope Ford releases more information soon.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think Ford will make the GT500 with more stuff for people like you, but not sure whether the GT350 will be available equipped to this level.

I don't relate well to what you want because I usually buy the base model. I think it's the best deal and that matters to me. However, it also seems like Ford could make more money with more options.

I remember a few years ago looking at a Fiesta. The base was under $13k, and you could literally double the price of the car selecting the right options. Crazy IMO spending that much on a Fiesta, but it's only money, right?

OP
OP

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree but adaptive cruise control and BLIS/cross traffic systems are key drivability features.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
The biggest speaker system for the 350 is 7 speakers. I highly doubt the rain sensing wipers/BLIS etc will be available

Swamp Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Liberty
To repeat a thought offered in a different thread, I think the oil cooler that is part of the track package should either be standard equipment or should be offered as a stand-alone option.

Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I would like to see more options and less packages in general. There are things I like about the tech pack and things I do not. I want magneride, sync 3, etc. I do not want non recaro leather trimmed seats. I also have a figure in my head I do not want to exceed and I fear the tech package will be pricey. Perhaps the electronics package could be offered on non R models and magnreride made a stand-alone option. Better yet give us the prices already and end the suspense.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I agree but adaptive cruise control and BLIS/cross traffic systems are key drivability features.
I consider those anti-drivability features. They encourage less attention to your number one responsibility when behind the wheel, 100% concentration on driving. ;)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I consider those anti-drivability features. They encourage less attention to your number one responsibility when behind the wheel, 100% concentration on driving. ;)
They were talking about the next step in this progression - cars that drive themselves - on Top Gear the other day. They were saying if you were headed for a wreck and the car has the option to save you by running into a couple pedestrians or to kill you by crashing into a brick wall the car will probably be programmed to pick the option that kills fewer people.

Letting a computer drive for me does seem nice in a way (especially if traffic is heavy) until I consider some of the potential implications. I hope it never becomes standard equipment.

adrift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mercedes Benz GLK
Drat and double drat! I was hoping for more goodies. I guess I am being greedy.
I'm thinking of solving this problem with a "slightly used" C63 AMG. Don't think I want the new one with it's turbos (not to mention 90K price), the old one is a monster! But I'll wait until we see what the GT350 and maybe 500 are going to bring.
Sponsored