Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners File New Class Action Lawsuit Against Ford for Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
and this
[ame]
Sponsored

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
There should have been a warning on the Base and Tech cars, similar to the Cigarette Warnings on the side of the pack. "Warning, this car may go into limp mode...."

(No, I am smart enough NOT to smoke, so not even sure if that warning is actually still there)

Dave

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
That's the thing. I think most of the people bitching the hardest aren't Mustang nuts, they're guys that saw Porsche level performance on the cheap and didn't bother to think it through. Now they're surprised that a Ford Mustang is actually a Ford Mustang.

I read this forum for sport and schadenfreude these days. Hopefully it'll get better when all the "real car guys" move on to the next hot car. I suggest the ZL1, as it has more radiators.
Oh gawd, :rolleyes: I love it when guys like you use this card. You mean guys that have a barely imperceptible scratch on their dash and get it replaced?

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I would like to see the "literature" that I should have been given up front that said YOU CANNOT TRACK THE TECH PACKAGE CARS, THE TRANS WILL OVERHEAT!!! You can add tech goodies to BMW M cars and 911's if you want some comforts in a car you can track now and then. I guess I figured the track pack was for hard core track use, but the tech cars as they were marketed should be able to do a driving school or run hard on the tail of the dragon without the trans overheating!
If by literature you mean the blurb in the owners manual that says to add coolers which I was not privy to before I bought, that's a joke! Even more of a joke you cannot add coolers reasonably. Ford's assumption that folks should have known the track pack was the only way to run on the track is BS the way the 350 was marketed. My dealer knew nothing about the issue, and I could have had a '17 he had coming.
In your world, why would the track pack exist? Just for guys who wanted to spend 6 K to see lower numbers in gauge mode?

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
We're wasting our time with tech owners. They just don't get it.
I'm going to sue ford because the tech owners got an extra mode we Track and R owners didn't get!
"No one explicitly stated the Track Pack cars were technologically inferior to the Tech cars" :D

Sponsored

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
Listen people.
The cars spec sheet was published BEFORE the car was ordered. All you have to do is read before jumping.
I'll tell you a true dealer fact I just was told by my local salesman at Mathews ford in Oregon Ohio.
I ordered a new work van 2 weeks ago, they had a 2017 gt350 white with blue ott stripes on the floor. It had the recaros, nav, etc.
Another salesperson came to me while I was looking at it and told me I should buy it.
I told him I already have a 2016 track pack.
He said to me it's not a Shelby gt350.
I said it is. It's at home in my garage.
He said these are very hard to get. You must have a mustang GT.
I said I HAVE a GT350!
He snickered at me and said ok.
I pulled out my phone and shown him mine and he was shocked.
I asked how much you asking for this?
He said $89000.00
Asshole!

Anyhow two weeks go by and my new van came in so I went to pick it up.
I asked my salesman looks like you sold the GT350.
He said yeah at retail. I said had I known that I would of bought it.
He said they had it for 10 months and nobody was interested in because it was an R.
I said Rion, that WAS NOT an R. He said yeah it was.
I said let me show you what an R has and what yours didn't.
I got on line and shown him the R wheels, spoiler etc.
he said wow. The sticker said GT350 r.
The fucking idiots at the dealer thought the R with circle trade mark meant it was a GT350R.

THIS SHOWS HOW STUPID AND MISINFORMED SALES PEOPEL ARE.
if you don't do your own research before buying all you can do is blame yourself.
He also told me they sold a raptor. I seen it there while I was getting my work van. He told me the buyer is only keeping it for one year because next year the raptor will have a twin turbo 5.0. I said I give up and left it at that.
Stupid fucks.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
In your world, why would the track pack exist? Just for guys who wanted to spend 6 K to see lower numbers in gauge mode?
For little people that fit in Recaros and want an ALL day track car. I only wanted 20 minutes at a time at HPDE a few times a year and I'm a relative novice. I also wanted a daily driver, not a track only car or weekend only. I actually paid more for the tech pack - mainly because I thought the Recaros would be too uncomfortable. I've said this a million times before, but I'll say it again. I took my BASE MUSTANG GT to the track and it was a blast. I figured my GT350 tech pack would be a little faster and more fun than the base GT. But I was wrong. A base Mustang GT is more capable on the track than my 2016 GT350 is - or I should say was. Now I've swapped the transmission out. I still need to get the rear diff cooler working. Then I will be able to keep up with a base Mustang GT. Maybe even stay on the track longer. No longer have a warranty, but hey I guess I don't deserve to have a warranty on my 2016 vehicle.

"No one explicitly stated the Track Pack cars were technologically inferior to the Tech cars" :D
Actually they did state the equipment each had. Why lie or exaggerate? Can't get by with the actual facts? :doh:

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
For little people that fit in Recaros and want an ALL day track car. I only wanted 20 minutes at a time at HPDE a few times a year and I'm a relative novice. I also wanted a daily driver, not a track only car or weekend only. I actually paid more for the tech pack - mainly because I thought the Recaros would be too uncomfortable. I've said this a million times before, but I'll say it again. I took my BASE MUSTANG GT to the track and it was a blast. I figured my GT350 tech pack would be a little faster and more fun than the base GT. But I was wrong. A base Mustang GT is more capable on the track than my 2016 GT350 is - or I should say was. Now I've swapped the transmission out. I still need to get the rear diff cooler working. Then I will be able to keep up with a base Mustang GT. Maybe even stay on the track longer. No longer have a warranty, but hey I guess I don't deserve to have a warranty on my 2016 vehicle.

Actually they did state the equipment each had. Why lie or exaggerate? Can't get by with the actual facts? :doh:
I thought the emoji was blatantly obvious in indicating that I was "trolling" or "joking"... guess not :shrug:

Well aware of the "facts" in regards to what information was out there prior to purchase. Funny enough, seems a Lot of owners in here, in fact do not lol
Capture.PNG

GT 350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350, 2008 Shelby GT/SC convertible
I would like to see the "literature" that I should have been given up front that said YOU CANNOT TRACK THE TECH PACKAGE CARS, THE TRANS WILL OVERHEAT!!! You can add tech goodies to BMW M cars and 911's if you want some comforts in a car you can track now and then. I guess I figured the track pack was for hard core track use, but the tech cars as they were marketed should be able to do a driving school or run hard on the tail of the dragon without the trans overheating!
If by literature you mean the blurb in the owners manual that says to add coolers which I was not privy to before I bought, that's a joke! Even more of a joke you cannot add coolers reasonably. Ford's assumption that folks should have known the track pack was the only way to run on the track is BS the way the 350 was marketed. My dealer knew nothing about the issue, and I could have had a '17 he had coming.
This is the same info as I and others have posted in the past...usually on deaf ears to the track pack owners. Who the hell on planet earth was ever given an owner's manual supplement to read before purchasing a GT350 or any other car for that matter. Bought my '15 in November 2015 and never heard or read anything anywhere about the need for coolers to track my Tech car. And like you said, even if we wanted to add coolers, there are no kits available to do this - let alone what it would do to the warranty if you cobbled one together.

If I knew for a second there could be issues while tracking my car, I definitely might have considered other options.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Yessir, that's how marketing works. They tell you what a car has, not what it doesn't have or can't do. I would challenge anyone to find any piece of literature for literally any product in the world that states "our product cannot do X, Y or Z", as they are trying to sell a product, not point out potential deficiencies or limitations. I knew in 2015 which model you should get based on the 2 options you ad.

I think the biggest thing is people get hung up on the "GT350" name and hark it back to the 60's model, assuming its a race car.

Sponsored

DUJALA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-LB w/Black OTT
This is the same info as I and others have posted in the past...usually on deaf ears to the track pack owners. Who the hell on planet earth was ever given an owner's manual supplement to read before purchasing a GT350 or any other car for that matter. Bought my '15 in November 2015 and never heard or read anything anywhere about the need for coolers to track my Tech car. And like you said, even if we wanted to add coolers, there are no kits available to do this - let alone what it would do to the warranty if you cobbled one together.

If I knew for a second there could be issues while tracking my car, I definitely might have considered other options.
Again, this owners supplement was posted on this forum in August of 2015 http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29203&highlight=owner%27s+supplement&page=2. Limp mode was referenced, although not by that name,in the manual and discussed on August 11, 2015. When I locked in my agreement with my dealership for their 2016-2017 allocation it was for a track pack, this was before I knew 2017s would get more options. Again, I hope the people who are having issues get taken care of, but some are claiming false advertising for ignorance/lack of due diligence.

tldukestang

tldukestang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I think there are plenty of examples where side effects are very much documented and explained in products today.

I would have appreciated Ford to explain the GT350 base/tech as having a side effect where "if you drive this car on the track for longer than 15 minutes, expect to go into limp mode". Heck, drug companies publish advertisements in one way to specifically protect themselves by communicating that " side effects may include ....". One could argue Ford should have over communicated that limp mode was a reality, when in action they chose to say nothing!

We all know Ford made a mistake by not communicating the side effects the base/tech GT350 would have on the track. They know they made a mistake and they need to take responsibility for their action, hence the class action.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
Coming into this a little bit late, but for me, I'm not overly concerned with my tech package car hitting limp mode in a HPDE because it'll rarely if ever be involved in one, And if my car hits this "limp mode" while on the street, it'll be at the dealership service lane each and every time until it's corrected. But one has to question why Ford decided to add these coolers to all 2017s..."just because"...
To me, that's an admission of an issue, and should lead to Ford doing something to rectify the matter with owners of earlier cars. They just threw that whole "different levels of performance" argument right out the window...
I'm not expecting a new car...or even a new transmission per se, but a fully warranteed, dealer installed and factory-approved retrofit would suffice.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Coming into this a little bit late, but for me, I'm not overly concerned with my tech package car hitting limp mode in a HPDE because it'll rarely if ever be involved in one, And if my car hits this "limp mode" while on the street, it'll be at the dealership service lane each and every time until it's corrected. But one has to question why Ford decided to add these coolers to all 2017s..."just because"...
To me, that's an admission of an issue, and should lead to Ford doing something to rectify the matter with owners of earlier cars. They just threw that whole "different levels of performance" argument right out the window...
I'm not expecting a new car...or even a new transmission per se, but a fully warranteed, dealer installed and factory-approved retrofit would suffice.
From a business standpoint, seeing how well the GT350's sold for the MY16, wouldn't exactly be a hard sale for the folks to say "hey, lets cut the base model, include that old stuff as standard, reduce our manufacturing costs while also automatically tacking on an extra $6500 onto every car"...

They could literally reduce spending and while increasing profits... that isn't an admission to anything. It's basic business practice.

Everything bolded/underlined, i 100% agree with!

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I think there are plenty of examples where side effects are very much documented and explained in products today.

I would have appreciated Ford to explain the GT350 base/tech as having a side effect where "if you drive this car on the track for longer than 15 minutes, expect to go into limp mode". Heck, drug companies publish advertisements in one way to specifically protect themselves by communicating that " side effects may include ....". One could argue Ford should have over communicated that limp mode was a reality, when in action they chose to say nothing!

We all know Ford made a mistake by not communicating the side effects the base/tech GT350 would have on the track. They know they made a mistake and they need to take responsibility for their action, hence the class action.
BS, "everyone knows ford made a mistake" is false. People who bought the wrong option are who made the mistake.

People that are going to the track without the track pack are the ones that need to take responsibility for their actions.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.