Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners File New Class Action Lawsuit Against Ford for Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Something is not right, @Firestarter hasn't posted in this thread in a long time !!!

He must be vacationing somewhere, i'll let you guys know if i spot him somewhere on the beach .
Sponsored

chops44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fathouse 1250R....1992 Gt 39k mile garage queen
Just want to point out that in a forum mostly full of men...we're all afraid to "thank" this one, lol. :paddle::paddle:
Right on good stuff lol!! I wasn't going to just mow over it....nope sure wasn't....

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Saw a Harley ad not too long ago....

2017 Heritage Softail Classic - Just like new... in fact it is, only a few miles on it from the ride home from the dealership. Apparently, I misunderstood when the wife said "do whatever the F you want."

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Everyone has an opinion and unfortunately, forums give everyone the opportunity to voice them. In the end, your opinion is null and void. The lawsuit is in progress. It's happening wether we wanted it or not. Now we can sit back and see what happens. I love my Tech package car. Flaws and all. If they win, and Ford gives a solution, great news! if they lose, oh well. Won't be the first time I get burned on resale.
Your ancestors who fought and died for your right to speak your mind here in 2017, and likely some vets who visit this forum, would be embarrassed of what you just said. And ironically your opinion you just stated about opinions would not even be allowed. Last time I checked voicing opinions and discussion are why this forum exists to begin with. Maybe you are the one in the wrong place then if you are personally insulted by differing opinions on a topic.

AGAIN since reading comprehension is apparently at an all time low around here, I've in fact said 3 or 4 times in this thread now that; and here let me underline and bold it so we can all read it and comprehend it, I DO think Ford should offer Tech owners the ability to pay for the parts and labor to add coolers and keep warranty.

They will not give it away free. If they did so then you will have equally very unhappy track owners, who are MANY more by the build numbers and will more than double the cost, then who dont have tech features and the coolers in the same car. So I would not count on that.

FILING a lawsuit equals winning it let alone it having any merit automatically? THAT'S the rebuttal? :lol: Oh if I had a nickel....

Last edited:

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm a veteran.............. Not embarrassed.

Your ancestors who fought and died for your right to speak your mind here in 2017, and likely some vets who visit this forum, would be embarrassed of what you just said. And ironically your opinion you just stated about opinions would not even be allowed. Last time I checked voicing opinions and discussion are why this forum exists to begin with. Maybe you are the one in the wrong place then if you are personally insulted by differing opinions on a topic.

AGAIN since reading comprehension is apparently at an all time low around here, I've in fact said 3 or 4 times in this thread now that; and here let me underline and bold it so we can all read it and comprehend it, I DO think Ford should offer Tech owners the ability to pay for the parts and labor to add coolers and keep warranty.

They will not give it away free. If they did so then you will have equally very unhappy track owners, who are MANY more by the build numbers and will more than double the cost, then who dont have tech features and the coolers in the same car. So I would not count on that.

FILING a lawsuit equals winning it let alone it having any merit automatically? THAT'S the rebuttal? :lol: Oh if I had a nickel....

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350
I guess everyone has an opinion on this so here is mine. I purchased my 2016 GT350 TECH in November of 2015. It was a very early production car (#0111). I wanted to get the car and had no preference whether it was a track or tech equipped car. It was also the only car available in the SF Bay Area at that time that wasn't asking the $10K-$30K markup. I have never taken my car to a track and have never experienced any problems, even though I have stretched it legs from time to time.

This whole issue as to whether we "tech owners" should have known the car would go into "limp mode" after 15-20 minutes on a track run, at least in my case, is bs.

Car and Drive magazine, September, 2015 - cover story about the GT350 and I quote:

"With the $49,995 GT350 and the even more track-ratty $63,495 GT350R, Ford wants to escape the pony-car sphere that the Mustang has inhabited since 1964. Supposedly using Carroll Shelby's original race-ready GT350 as its guiding Polaris, THE ENGINEERS SET OUT TO BUILD A NO-EXCUSES TRACK MACHINE, more multitalented than the GT500 blunderbuss it replaces."

The article goes to state that Ford did not provide the press with the base or tech cars at Laguna Seca (Madza) Raceway, the only cars available to test were equipped with the track package or the GT350Rs.

However, in the videos (available on line) on these tests, one can see that the track cars were provided to the press on the race track; but, TECH cars were used for test driving around and cruising around the Monterey Area.

These tests were done before the cars were available to the public and there was never a mention that Tech equipped or base model cars would have overheating issues (limp mode) if they were tested on the track.

It is my belief that Ford knew this was a problem; but, since they had already began production of the cars with separate packages, they planned to combine them in the following year's production (2017), which they did.

Look, I understand the disappointment owners of Tech equipped cars were handed by Ford. If you look at the history of how Ford "purposely" presented these cars to the press, how they only allowed track equipped cars for track testing, how they provided tech equipped cars for other types of driving and testing, and how they combined the packages to avert these problems in future model years, I believe the case has strong merits.

Ford had every opportunity to explain to the press why tech/base cars were not available for track testing. However, that would mean they were making a $60K mustang that was not a "no-excuses track machine." Now, they may have to pay big bucks to convert these cars.

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Now that my Tech was lemoned, and the process is over, wonder what I should do here...lol.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I guess everyone has an opinion on this so here is mine. I purchased my 2016 GT350 TECH in November of 2015. It was a very early production car (#0111). I wanted to get the car and had no preference whether it was a track or tech equipped car. It was also the only car available in the SF Bay Area at that time that wasn't asking the $10K-$30K markup. I have never taken my car to a track and have never experienced any problems, even though I have stretched it legs from time to time.

This whole issue as to whether we "tech owners" should have known the car would go into "limp mode" after 15-20 minutes on a track run, at least in my case, is bs.

Car and Drive magazine, September, 2015 - cover story about the GT350 and I quote:

"With the $49,995 GT350 and the even more track-ratty $63,495 GT350R, Ford wants to escape the pony-car sphere that the Mustang has inhabited since 1964. Supposedly using Carroll Shelby's original race-ready GT350 as its guiding Polaris, THE ENGINEERS SET OUT TO BUILD A NO-EXCUSES TRACK MACHINE, more multitalented than the GT500 blunderbuss it replaces."

The article goes to state that Ford did not provide the press with the base or tech cars at Laguna Seca (Madza) Raceway, the only cars available to test were equipped with the track package or the GT350Rs.

However, in the videos (available on line) on these tests, one can see that the track cars were provided to the press on the race track; but, TECH cars were used for test driving around and cruising around the Monterey Area.

These tests were done before the cars were available to the public and there was never a mention that Tech equipped or base model cars would have overheating issues (limp mode) if they were tested on the track.

It is my belief that Ford knew this was a problem; but, since they had already began production of the cars with separate packages, they planned to combine them in the following year's production (2017), which they did.

Look, I understand the disappointment owners of Tech equipped cars were handed by Ford. If you look at the history of how Ford "purposely" presented these cars to the press, how they only allowed track equipped cars for track testing, how they provided tech equipped cars for other types of driving and testing, and how they combined the packages to avert these problems in future model years, I believe the case has strong merits.

Ford had every opportunity to explain to the press why tech/base cars were not available for track testing. However, that would mean they were making a $60K mustang that was not a "no-excuses track machine." Now, they may have to pay big bucks to convert these cars.
You're quoting a car magazine for saying something but think Ford is responsible?

...and Ford used the track cars on the track and the tech cars on the street, which somehow made it more confusing? The only thing Ford is guilty of here, IMO is giving consumers options. These days, everyone is to blame but the people spending their own money, it seems.

Lastly - people are still surprised that a car company, who want's to sell you a car isn't going to go out of their way to create a list of the "limitations" of the car?

People wanted all of the options in one car. There was a pretty strong outcry for it - WAY before anyone complained about limp mode...or even was able to place an order for a car in the first place. The writing was on the wall - this was likely going to happen, IMO. Consider this - 1 - it might have actually saved them money to just have one base car going down the line instead of two different builds and 2 - they actually charged customers more for combining the two. People got what they wanted, streamlined production and Ford charged for it...Win, win, win. Still somehow, this has become an admission of guilt? I don't have the numbers in front of me but I think the base was $49,995 + $7500 for the tech or + $6500 for the track package. The 2017 is just over $60,000 and has coolers and tech bits (now no comfy seats, though). So it's more expensive - they charged for adding everything in one package..at least $2500 more.

Someone start a petition for a slightly discounted cooler/transmission package, installed by a dealer and that picks up the remaining of warranty on the car, and I'll sign it.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I'm going to sue ford because my track pack doesn't have the NAV system. Maybe I'll win.

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350
You're quoting a car magazine for saying something but think Ford is responsible?

...and Ford used the track cars on the track and the tech cars on the street, which somehow made it more confusing? The only thing Ford is guilty of here, IMO is giving consumers options. These days, everyone is to blame but the people spending their own money, it seems.

Lastly - people are still surprised that a car company, who want's to sell you a car isn't going to go out of their way to create a list of the "limitations" of the car?

People wanted all of the options in one car. There was a pretty strong outcry for it - WAY before anyone complained about limp mode...or even was able to place an order for a car in the first place. The writing was on the wall - this was likely going to happen, IMO. Consider this - 1 - it might have actually saved them money to just have one base car going down the line instead of two different builds and 2 - they actually charged customers more for combining the two. People got what they wanted, streamlined production and Ford charged for it...Win, win, win. Still somehow, this has become an admission of guilt? I don't have the numbers in front of me but I think the base was $49,995 + $7500 for the tech or + $6500 for the track package. The 2017 is just over $60,000 and has coolers and tech bits (now no comfy seats, though). So it's more expensive - they charged for adding everything in one package..at least $2500 more.

Someone start a petition for a slightly discounted cooler/transmission package, installed by a dealer and that picks up the remaining of warranty on the car, and I'll sign it.
Car and Drive was quoting what Ford told them.

We did not have a choice, the dealers did not have a choice, we/dealers got what Ford sent them in 2015.

To answer your point, yes Ford did combine the packages in model year 2017, not only to get more money, but also to "acknowledge" that they should have done this in previous models and to limit any future liability in the event of a lawsuit.

Of course, all of this is my opinion and you have yours. Do I care one way or another on how this lawsuit will turn out? Not really. I like the car just the way it is for how I drive it. If I wanted, I can still go around a track just as fast as a track equipped car, just not as long.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Hey!!! Ford just announced the 18MY GT350....Trade her in!!!! I have already contacted my dealer and working an MSRP deal for an R. I wll be selling/trading in my 16 TP if all goes well. Order banks are expected to open in June17.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
OK Vendor just pissed me off. I am ready to fight again:)

Has there been any news on this, have they been certified as a "class" yet? are we past that point?

With the announcement of the 2018s and the summer coming you guys limping need to get your cars into the dealer when ever it happens.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
OK Vendor just pissed me off. I am ready to fight again:)

Has there been any news on this, have they been certified as a "class" yet? are we past that point?

With the announcement of the 2018s and the summer coming you guys limping need to get your cars into the dealer when ever it happens.
The dealer can't even get my splitter on correctly - plus according to the dealer "that's how they are". I have the transmission swapped, cooler and lines in, and the rear diff has been out, cover swapped, back in and the rear suspension is almost back together again.

What I need to do is finish the job so I can get to the track.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.