jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
The other day I was looking at the tread for ShadowBlack owners and seen a post of a guy saying it had a real light metallic to it? Yes or no? I ordered mine after seening a CS GT in what I "thought" was ShadowBlack and it was solid no metallic. So to anyone that owns one? I asked the question on the thread a couple of days ago and no response. So I thought I'd find a bigger audience. Thanks
Sponsored

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
I don't have mine yet, but the one I looked at in person did have a very, very light "blue" fleck/metallic in it.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Not sure if there is a difference or not, but I have a 2015 that is "Black" paint code UA and it does appear to have a little metallic. When I bought it, the dealer said the new "Shadow Black" paint code G1 for 2016 would not have the metallic. However, many (but not all) parts and touch up paint suppliers list both colors as interchangeable.

Who knows, maybe I am seeing metallic that isn't there because the dealer suggested it was there...I haven't actually compared side by side with a 2016, so I can't comment if there really is a difference or not.

Either way, not sure why Ford would change the name and paint code if nothing was different other than the plain old name of "Black" just wasn't sexy enough - or - they wanted people to trade their now dated Black 2015's to the new Shadow Black 2016's!

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
I don't have mine yet, but the one I looked at in person did have a very, very light "blue" fleck/metallic in it.
That might change my mind if i want the blue strip, I went no stripes. You?
I think my build date is 5/16, I don't want hold my order up in changing though!

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
The one I looked at in person belongs to friend of mine. It is a black tech package with no stripes. You have to be right on it to see the blue flecks.
My R is ordered Shadow Black with the blue stripes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
The one I looked at in person belongs to friend of mine. It is a black tech package with no stripes. You have to be right on it to see the blue flecks.
My R is ordered Shadow Black with the blue stripes.
Congrats on the R,!!thinking I might call and see if blue stripes can be added. Thanks

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
And sorry guys, I didn't mean to jump in on a GT350 thread. I was just viewing new posts and saw Shadow Black as the subject.

Though I did come very close to putting DIB stripes on my cheapo GT as I think they look awesome on the black!

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Mine has the absolute tiniest hint of blue. Again takes perfect lighting to see it

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
And sorry guys, I didn't mean to jump in on a GT350 thread. I was just viewing new posts and saw Shadow Black as the subject.

Though I did come very close to putting DIB stripes on my cheapo GT as I think they look awesome on the black!
I like the input from ya, I'm driving a GT now also. Just waiting my 350 to be built.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
no metallic in it at all.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Mine has blue metallic. It is only visible in direct sun. I have plenty of pics in my gallery. I almost went with blue stripes but chickened out. I do not like the white border on a lot of the stripe combos so blue would've been my only choice. With all the pollen mine is yellow right now!

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
Mine has blue metallic. It is only visible in direct sun. I have plenty of pics in my gallery. I almost went with blue stripes but chickened out. I do not like the white border on a lot of the stripe combos so blue would've been my only choice. With all the pollen mine is yellow right now!
If you have a pic or two you could send me to see it, I'd really appreciate it.
Send to my email
[email protected]
Thank you

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
IT DOES have a very light amount of metal flake !! I was at SEMA and talk tot he FORD rep and he confirmed it...BUT I have to tell you the Shadow Black is so beautiful in person a camera can NOT capture the beauty of this color on this car, the color has a creamy black look hard to describe !!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU will not be disappointed and in fact the blue stripe might be the way to go ....Just do it !!!
Sponsored