Sponsored

Sequential Tail Lights... Like or Dislike?

What do you think about the sequential turn signals?

• I like them now and hope they carry over to 2015.

Votes: 39 97.5%
  • I like them now, but I don't think they should be one the 2015.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like them now and hope they are dropped for 2015.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • I don't like them now, but they may look good on the 2015.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
Since I heard about the louvered tail lights I have been interested in what they will look like. It will still be a while before we know, but from the descriptions I've read it seems like we will get the classic tri-bar look. Do you think they will keep the sequential turn signals? I personally think they are really cool. So I'm hoping they do. Do you guys like them on the current cars? Do you think they will stick around on a "more modern" Mustang?
Sponsored

KingofQueens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Love em. Sometimes when im at a light/stop and im making a turn, i stare at the sequential reflection off of the car behind me.
Makes it unique and stand out as a mustang.

OKCfan

Voted to keep them on the s550.

It's now become known as "Mustang" lights and it's a modern take on tail lights which will work with the more progressive design of the 2015 model.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I like them.......but they're illegal in the UK, so we won't get them :(

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
Keep them on as long as there are not other compromises made just to keep them standard. If we go back to halogens, they can have their sequential lighting.... id rather have the HID's if that's the choice.

There are kits out there for 05-09's for sequential lighting so I'm thinking there will be also for the S550 if it doesn't come standard. It'd be cool if Ford gave us some way to easily program the lights too.... like the blink rate etc.

Sponsored

StangFX

Since I heard about the louvered tail lights I have been interested in what they will look like. It will still be a while before we know, but from the descriptions I've read it seems like we will get the classic tri-bar look. Do you think they will keep the sequential turn signals? I personally think they are really cool. So I'm hoping they do. Do you guys like them on the current cars? Do you think they will stick around on a "more modern" Mustang?
I dont see why they would get rid of them. I think they invested a good amt of money into them so the technology and components are already built into the current costs.

Besides.... Camaro aftermarket lets them do this for cheap. Gotta give them the next great sequential lighting to copy :thumbsup:

ThunderHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
OW EcoBeast
Absolutely love them. They scream mustang. Keep it.

Dyno

Keep them on as long as there are not other compromises made just to keep them standard. If we go back to halogens, they can have their sequential lighting.... id rather have the HID's if that's the choice.

There are kits out there for 05-09's for sequential lighting so I'm thinking there will be also for the S550 if it doesn't come standard. It'd be cool if Ford gave us some way to easily program the lights too.... like the blink rate etc.
Agreed, a better poll might be a choice between sequential tails or HIDs/LED fogs.

Doubt anyone will vote no to this one. That is one feature that is pretty universally loved, at least if you like the S197 to begin with.

Sponsored

Callie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GT Convertible
Ford is so big on all this fancy lighting these days... the customizable interior lighting, the pony shaped puddle lights, HIDs..... so I think sequential taillights are here to stay.

Make it happen Ford.

OP
OP
Allerick

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
Agreed, a better poll might be a choice between sequential tails or HIDs/LED fogs.

Doubt anyone will vote no to this one. That is one feature that is pretty universally loved, at least if you like the S197 to begin with.
Wow I had no idea the sequential turn signals were so well liked! I didn't mean to make an obvious poll, but it is clear to me now that this is a very well received feature. I hope they do stay.

One thing that bugs me about some of the older Mustang tail lights (like 2000 ish to 2009) was that only two of the three lights functioned as brake lights. It just always bugs me when I'm behind an older Mustang. It especially bugs me in the 2005-2009 models because I really like the tail lights, but they light up all wrong. I've seen people go aftermarket and make them all light up though. Is that an expensive modification to make?

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
I've seen people go aftermarket and make them all light up though. Is that an expensive modification to make?
Nope, not at all. It'd be one of the first things I'd do If I got a 2005-09 Mustang.

KingofQueens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
I like them.......but they're illegal in the UK, so we won't get them :(
Wonder if this will have an effect on us in the US. Doubt it i think.

The european camaro got a different taillight (LED) than the US one.
Sponsored