icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Hi All,
I drove my GT350 to work today and a big yellow wrench light came on, then the yellow airbag light on the RPM gauge all while I was on the freeway. It also seemed like the power steering went out or something? Then, as I was getting off the freeway, a big red message came up saying “Service AdvanceTrac”, and Sport Mode was automatically disabled. To top it off I think I now know what limp mode feels like… seems like 80hp. As I pulled into the parking garage at work the battery light came on as well. As I let it sit idle for a minute I checked all the gauges… Voltage 14.3, Oil temp 187, and so on. I started it back up after 5 minutes... same warning lights came on.

Before taking it out today it had been sitting in the garage since last Wednesday and I have not done anything to it since driving it last. No issues until today.

I did some searching on Service AdvanceTrac already...

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2748979

Key items seem to be…
1 Check the ground wire near the passenger strut tower
2 Check battery terminals
3 All other warnings came up because of the low battery and nothing to worry about. They will go away once dealer scan tool resets them. Could be a faulty battery, loose connection in the charging system, or faulty alternator.

I am headed to a work meeting right now and I’ll check those items once I get out.

Anything else I should check or any other ideas of what might be going on?
Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Had this on my Ecoboost. Pulled the battery connection, waited 15 minutes, plugged it back in and all was well.

EDIT: I'd take it in if you have the time, my buddy had this happen and it was a bad ABS sensor supposedly. But it's probably just a glitch.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Do these have the bad speed sensor issue in the rear as well? Could be that.

OP
OP
icormba

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I should add... I also noticed the Sync3 screen flickers. When on the Nav screen my position arrow would bounce around the screen as well. Very strange! Starting to think battery?

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
I should add... I also noticed the Sync3 screen flickers. When on the Nav screen my position arrow would bounce around the screen as well. Very strange! Starting to think battery?
Not having a good ground could very well cause those issues.

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
it was a rainy windy day my right headlight flickered few times.. things happen

combustor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2016 GT350
I've had the wrench light come up several times. Going to have the dealer check it out soon. Still runs fine though

OP
OP
icormba

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Just got back from the parking lot and did some wire "jiggling". That's a complex test we use in the high tech industry for checking Bin15 (open/shorts). :D ;)

Anyway... checked the fuse box as well and performed a similar test on the fuses. More of a push 'em down test opposed to the jiggling test. :thumbsup:
Didn't notice anything out of the norm here either.

Got in the car and started it up. Everything seems fine at this point. :doh: :shrug:

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Just got back from the parking lot and did some wire "jiggling". That's a complex test we use in the high tech industry for checking Bin15 (open/shorts). :D ;)

Anyway... checked the fuse box as well and performed a similar test on the fuses. More of a push 'em down test opposed to the jiggling test. :thumbsup:
Didn't notice anything out of the norm here either.

Got in the car and started it up. Everything seems fine at this point. :doh: :shrug:
The NVH of this car will probably cause lots of hiccups like this lol

Texas Gator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 magnetic w/blk stripes, tech pack
yesterday during parade laps, I had a "service Advancetrac" message come up - but it was yellow. It also immediately put me back in normal mode (from sport), and it did seem to cut the power. After about 20 sec it went away, and I was able to go back into sport mode and did another lap with no issue. Also didnt see it on the 200 mile drive back home.

Next time I go to the dealer, I do plan to have them see if they can pull any codes - other than that I am going to go with the "glitch" or "SW got into an unknown state" unless I see it again :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
icormba

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Am I getting acid build up on my negative already?? :shrug:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
My Focus ST freaked out once, wouldn't start, said "Service Advancetrac". Popped the battery cable off for 10 minutes and put it back on. Started right up, no issues.

These cars now are too smart for their own good.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
This reminds me of when we rented a brand new Impala down in Florida during vacation a few months ago. I started it up in a mall parking lot one day and immediately got an airbag warning light as well as a traction control malfunction light. Even more weird, non of the gauges worked, rpm, fuel, mph, engine temp, nothing. Had to "feel" out my speed the entire drive back to the hotel lol.

Started it up the next morning, no issues whatsoever.

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
yesterday during parade laps, I had a "service Advancetrac" message come up - but it was yellow.

So you were out at TWS with my friend Greg Reynolds and his 67 GT350 racecar?

Texas Gator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 magnetic w/blk stripes, tech pack
So you were out at TWS with my friend Greg Reynolds and his 67 GT350 racecar?
I was indeed - got a ride along with him for a couple laps - that was awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Sponsored