OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
No, not even in Recaros. Almost regret getting them, should have gotten regular seats and yanked them for racing seats.
Would you swap back and forth for track days if you had regular seats? Do you have a preferred brand of racing seat? What do you like about it?
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
With the speeds the GT350 will be capable of on track, or even a 2015 5.0 for that matter, you'll want a four point roll bar and six point harnesses in your car for HDPE. The Recaro's work fine with this setup and you can get a sub belt bar that mounts behind the rear seat and run your sub belts through the top and bottom cushions. This setup is also compatible with a Hans device and I recommend one of those too. Both CorteX and Watson Racing make nice roll bars and Schroth Profi II belts work well with and without a Hans device.
Hmm, any links/pics of the sub belts running through the stock seats? I was already thinking the 4 point ASM profi IIs, but even a non-ideal sub-belt setup might be better

TraKWeapon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack On Order
Hmm, any links/pics of the sub belts running through the stock seats? I was already thinking the 4 point ASM profi IIs, but even a non-ideal sub-belt setup might be better
The image from Schroth below is similar but instead of routing over the side bolsters and attaching to the seat lap belt mounting points you slide the belts between the lower and upper seat cushion to the bar. Porsche owners have been doing this for decades. In either case you're sitting on the sub belts. Shcroth looked at this and said either routing option if fine for HDPE. They even modified my sub straps to accommodate this layout. With the Recaro's in the current Mustangs there's less compression and a straighter pull by routing out the back. I have not looked at the new Recaro's but they should work the same.

Watson Racing makes their own seat delete kit and I have it and their roll bar in my Mustang. That photo is showing the RSD kit from Ford Racing.

Sponsored

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
You can't run sub-belts through stock seats. You would need to cut a hole through the bottom of the seat to properly run the belts and by doing so you would degrade the structural integrity. You absolutely need to swap out the stock recaros for a dedicated racing seat to run a 5 or 6 point setup.

I have the 4 point Schroth ASM profi IIs mated to a Watson roll bar. They will be used for HPDE events, but will stick to the stock seatbelt for street use.

31806424575_49b8c1f505_b.jpg

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
You can't run sub-belts through stock seats. You would need to cut a hole through the bottom of the seat to properly run the belts and by doing so you would degrade the structural integrity. You absolutely need to swap out the stock recaros for a dedicated racing seat to run a 5 or 6 point setup.

I have the 4 point Schroth ASM profi IIs mated to a Watson roll bar. They will be used for HPDE events, but will stick to the stock seatbelt for street use.

31806424575_49b8c1f505_b.jpg
I'm using the profi II ASM's also (mated to a custom rollbar).

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
The GT350 is my first track car and I've never driven a car on a track before. I did however race karts for several years but those don't have seat belts :(

I figured the standard 3 point belts would be acceptable for HDPE.

Several have mentioned having to hold themselves in place while on track with the standard 3pt belts & Recaro's. I could see this becoming an issue as well because on the street I have to use the steering wheel to hold myself in the seat.

Outside of replacing the driver seat and running a 5/6pt harness, is the only option the Schroth?

I'm also not wild about having to install a roll bar every time I track the car. Does anyone make a "quick" install roll bar meant for this?

DirtRoadTrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The GT350 is my first track car and I've never driven a car on a track before. I did however race karts for several years but those don't have seat belts :(

Several have mentioned having to hold themselves in place while on track with the standard 3pt belts & Recaro's. I could see this becoming an issue as well because on the street I have to use the steering wheel to hold myself in the seat.

Outside of replacing the driver seat and running a 5/6pt harness, is the only option the Schroth?

I'm also not wild about having to install a roll bar every time I track the car. Does anyone make a "quick" install roll bar meant for this?
Schroth Quickfit/Quickfit Pro fits the GT350 and doesn't require a roll bar.

Sponsored

danhuberty

Dan Huberty
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 ShelbyGT350
I am curious if anyone has installed the harness below and has any comments to make on it.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/schroth-quickfit-pro-black-0516.html
I have these installed then on my 2017 GT350 and they work great! Had to make a slight modification given they changed the stock 3 point seat belt setup for 2017. These pop right in for a 2015-2016 GT350.

I have long used the Quickfit Pro for street BMW's and Audi's that have been used for track day events. Snap them in for a track day event and when it is over pop them out and use the stock 3 point harness for daily driving. Great belts.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405

In my track car, I used Deist harnesses. Top notch stuff.

If you use the factory 3 point, a trick (works best with power seats) is move your seat back a few inches, lock the seat belt by giving it a quick pull, then move your seat back to position while holding the seatbelt locked. The seatbelt will stay locked against you holding you in place fairly well.

http://www.deist.com/belts-harnesses-compact-quick-release-assemblies-c-17_27.html

CasualGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE & 2013 Focus ST
I have these installed then on my 2017 GT350 and they work great! Had to make a slight modification given they changed the stock 3 point seat belt setup for 2017. These pop right in for a 2015-2016 GT350.

I have long used the Quickfit Pro for street BMW's and Audi's that have been used for track day events. Snap them in for a track day event and when it is over pop them out and use the stock 3 point harness for daily driving. Great belts.
Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I'm thinking of purchasing the Quickfit Pro for my '17 GT350 and am curious about the slight modification you mentioned. What needs to be modified on the '17 cars?

DirtRoadTrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I'm thinking of purchasing the Quickfit Pro for my '17 GT350 and am curious about the slight modification you mentioned. What needs to be modified on the '17 cars?
I have these installed in my 2017 GT350, and they are great for HPDE. The modification is that you need to twist the rear anchor bracket 90 degrees for it to bolt in properly. I also needed to slightly clearance the plastic trim by the lap belt anchor to get an appropriate angle for the Schroth male end that bolts to the factory tensioner bolt. Total install time was ~1 hour for both sides.
Sponsored