Sponsored

Sct x4 tuner and mac

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
Question about loading tunes to device.
I have a mac computer and need to update my tunes to my device. Is this possible or do I need to find d a windows computer?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
I just pulled out a super old lab top and spent hours restoring factory settings to get it to work only to find it does not have the correct components in it to update to windows 8.1.
Curious, is the ngauge compatability with a mac computer. Are there any other tuners avail that are compatability with mac?
I hope I do t need to go buy a new lab top just to update a tune file

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just pulled out a super old lab top and spent hours restoring factory settings to get it to work only to find it does not have the correct components in it to update to windows 8.1.
Curious, is the ngauge compatability with a mac computer. Are there any other tuners avail that are compatability with mac?
I run parallels and windows 7 on my Mac. Cheaper for you to buy these 2 pieces of software than a windows computer.

OP
OP

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
Thanks. I thought with the device updater you had to update to at least windows 8.1 to load the current version software on the sct tuner. My old lab top is running windows 7 and is not able to update to 8.1 or higher.
Somehow I was able to update the tuner via wifi, not exactly sure if it loaded the most current version.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I doubt there's going to be any native Mac apps for tuning, just a small, vertical market where the extra effort doesn't make sense.

I haven't really done enough research though, I'm just starting to investigate based on a near future purchase of a new GT :) I see there is a WiFi option for the tuner, and it sounds like that worked! That makes the most sense, assuming it goes the correct updates and tunes (sounds like you're maybe getting the latest standard tunes)

Again, if you really wind up needing to run Winders©, go with a VM solution like me and Plimmer both said above, let's you win it on a Mac, side-by-side with OS X on the fly - I'm running _two_ windows instances right now :D

GhostRider8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Won't work unless SCT has updated program. I had to break out my old desktop to load custom tune for my EcoF150. Wifi only works after you have updated the tuner while connect to computer.

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Yes, the nGauge is compatible with Mac because...

The ngauge has no OS requirements. You copy the tune to an sd card and that's it.
:thumbsup:

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Ngage is nice that way but if you already have the sct, then...

I run boot camp and Windows 7 on my both my macs for a few reasons. And it's very stable. Very. I will continue to use this method.
Sponsored