Sponsored

SCT BDX & 2019 GT - Should I be able to calibrate Speedo?

Puds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just got my BDX in the mail. Went through all of the updates online, went into program it, and the only option for a tune is a 91 octane, without the ability to change my tire size which was the primary reason at this point for purchasing it after the dealer put brand new 305/30R19 on it (pp2 Wheels) but it's a PP1 car. I figure it was an easier/cheaper fix than replacing four brand new tires, and I could use it for a custom tune down the road if we start to modify further. However, I can't seem to figure out how to access that and of course the SCT Customer Service is impossible to reach. Anybody else with a 2019 or newer changed tire size with a BDX tuner?
Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I know I saw a screen for that while playing with mine early on but I don't remember off hand where it was. I'll try to take a look later but the bdx does have that option in one of the menus.

OP
OP
Puds

Puds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I know I saw a screen for that while playing with mine early on but I don't remember off hand where it was. I'll try to take a look later but the bdx does have that option in one of the menus.
Thanks, what year is your car? It seems like things may be different 2018+ but not sure.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle function-
Special funtions-
Tire size

Let me know how it goes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Puds

Puds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Are you running the SCT flash or a custom tune? Just wondering if it’s a custom one if your dealer Unlocked a different option. I haven’t check again yet but will later today.

OP
OP
Puds

Puds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle function-
Special funtions-
Tire size

Let me know how it goes.
Just checked, I don't have tire size in the Special Functions Menu. I don't get why some have it and some don't. I'd love to ask, but after calling SCT for the 4th time and not getting an agent on the phone, not getting an email reply after 48 hours, I'm a little disappointed to say the least.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Damn that sucks. Not sure why some would have it and others don't.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Puds

Puds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So silly me, didn't realize you had to have a tune in the car before the BDX can unlock the Wheel/Tire Size under Special Functions. I had initially loaded the 91 Octane tune and tried under a different menu to find it without any luck so I put the car back to stock. Then when you mentioned special functions, I checked with just the tuner plugged in, so the car was stock but I thought I could just change the tire/wheel size but that option wasn't there. Tonight I loaded the 91 Octane tune again, went into Special Function and there it was! Changed the tire diameter, took wifey for a ride with the GPS in her hand to verify, and was bang on. Thanks for all of your help, can't believe I missed the need to have a tune in it first. Live and learn.....

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
So silly me, didn't realize you had to have a tune in the car before the BDX can unlock the Wheel/Tire Size under Special Functions. I had initially loaded the 91 Octane tune and tried under a different menu to find it without any luck so I put the car back to stock. Then when you mentioned special functions, I checked with just the tuner plugged in, so the car was stock but I thought I could just change the tire/wheel size but that option wasn't there. Tonight I loaded the 91 Octane tune again, went into Special Function and there it was! Changed the tire diameter, took wifey for a ride with the GPS in her hand to verify, and was bang on. Thanks for all of your help, can't believe I missed the need to have a tune in it first. Live and learn.....
No idea if the way is the same as in the X4 but every time you flash the car, it will ask you if you change tires and there you put the tire size.
Sponsored