OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The redwoods prove natural climate changes in their rings.
Who is sugggesting that the the climate hasn’t always been changing?
Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Who is sugggesting that the the climate hasn’t always been changing?
Natural being the operative word vs man made. There is a big difference.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Natural being the operative word vs man made. There is a big difference.
Do you think the planet cares where the GHG’s come from? Yeah, ok, the isotopes differ netween CO2 produced from the burning of fossil fuels vs other sources, but it’s still C02.
Tell you what. How about we remove ALL the GHG’s from the atmosphere and you can tell us more about how humans can’t influence the planets climate….

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Tell you what. How about we remove ALL the GHG’s from the atmosphere and you can tell us more about how humans can’t influence the planets climate….
Remove all CO2 from the earths atmosphere and all plant life on this planet would die. And so would we. On the bright side higher CO2 atmospheric levels improve crop yields.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hello; 25,000 gallons of water to put out an EV compared to 300 for an ICE.
Which is why EVs were banned for so long on Arrakis and should be in California.

Last edited:

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I believe he is talking about manufacturing. Using 83X's more water resource to build an EV vs ICE vehicle. Which getting back to the original subject California droughts would be a big deal for any Tesla plant located there.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I believe he is talking about manufacturing. Using 83X's more water resource to build an EV vs ICE vehicle. Which getting back to the original subject California droughts would be a big deal for any Tesla plant located there.
Hello; I was actually refering to how it takes so much more water to put out an EV fire compared to an ICE vehicle fire as was mentioned in an earlier post. Which to me means a fire truck will not carry enough water on it's own. Probably will need a hydrant near by. My brother who is a mine safety instructor mentioned that foam may be used.

But you bring up an interesting question. I figure for the chassis and body panels the water use to build an EV ought to be similar. Not sure about water use to mine the materials for batteries and make the batteries.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; I was actually refering to how it takes so much more water to put out an EV fire compared to an ICE vehicle fire as was mentioned in an earlier post. Which to me means a fire truck will not carry enough water on it's own. Probably will need a hydrant near by. My brother who is a mine safety instructor mentioned that foam may be used.

But you bring up an interesting question. I figure for the chassis and body panels the water use to build an EV ought to be similar. Not sure about water use to mine the materials for batteries and make the batteries.
Sorry for any confusion. I remember reading an article comparing CO2 production building an EV vs ICE. There was significantly more CO2 produced mining rare earth minerals for EV batteries vs ICE. So I presumed the same for water. This ridiculous though crossed my mind. If it takes that much water to put out an EV fire. California may pass laws to let EV fires burn themselves out. Deeming the amount of water to put the fire out a waste of resources. The house be damned.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for any confusion. I remember reading an article comparing CO2 production building an EV vs ICE. There was significantly more CO2 produced mining rare earth minerals for EV batteries vs ICE. So I presumed the same for water. This ridiculous though crossed my mind. If it takes that much water to put out an EV fire. California may pass laws to let EV fires burn themselves out. Deeming the amount of water to put the fire out a waste of resources. The house be damned.
Or they could try innovation….
https://cfpa-e.eu/container-puts-out-inextinguishable-fires-in-electric-cars/

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE

Florida utility company implodes its last coal-powered plant (msn.com)

Hello; So the last coal fired power plant in Florida is history while China is still building new ones and putting them online.

Back to the swimming pool analogy of dividing the pool into a no-pee zone and a pee in the pool zone by stringing a rope across.

While at the same time a volcano eruption may negate all of Floridas actions.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Florida utility company implodes its last coal-powered plant (msn.com)

Hello; So the last coal fired power plant in Florida is history while China is still building new ones and putting them online.

Back to the swimming pool analogy of dividing the pool into a no-pee zone and a pee in the pool zone by stringing a rope across.

While at the same time a volcano eruption may negate all of Floridas actions.
This is the contradicting policies of western governments that has me questioning their motives. We go poor. China/multinational corporations get richer. WTF???
Sponsored