Sponsored

San Francisco Bay Area owners, HELP!

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
Just take it to the dealer you bought it from. That's the a big part of the purchase, you buy into the service that dealer would offer you too. It's part of the dealer-customer relationship you've built with that deapership, I'm sure they'll work with you.
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Just take it to the dealer you bought it from. That's the a big part of the purchase, you buy into the service that dealer would offer you too. It's part of the dealer-customer relationship you've built with that deapership, I'm sure they'll work with you.
I would love to do that, but my dealer is 2200 miles away.

A big portion of the other local GT350s were also purchased out of state because most of the local dealers had bat shit insane ADMs. With that being said, there are a few I will completely avoid, not just for their sales tactics but for shear and utter smugness.

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
I trust the Fairfield Ford guys - bought a ton of cars from them and have had great service there. Honestly, I'm really not so sure about the techs there and how knowledgeable they are as I've never had anything serious to deal with. Having said that, they let me stay with the car for the entire PDI (even go on the test drive for PDI) and the tech had me drive the car back once he completed his check. Also, my first oil change for the GT350 - they realized they didn't have the correct parts in stock and drove to Sacramento to get them immediately as soon as they realized the mistake. PM me if you want an intro.

OP
OP
xXANCHORMONXx

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Alright guys so long story short.

Car just past 4K miles and had a bad misfire.

The car would stumble and die. It threw a cel and I found a cylinder one misfire and cylinder 3 misfire.

When I popped the hood I noticed the coolant reservoir was bone dry.

I check under the hood frequently and never had any missing coolant.

At that point I checked the dipstick and noticed milky oil, catch cans were also white in color.

I had some help from Voodooo diagnosing all of this before bringing it in.

At that point it was either a cracked head or block.

Ford at Walnut Creek has been phenomenal with me. I dropped the car off Thursday night and gave me updates two times a day. The motor was taken out today and it looks like the intake valve dropped and started bouncing around causing coolant to get into the cylinder.

After that coolant began to go into the rest of the cylinders and that's that.

Ford has approved a motor replacement and it should be here within a month, hopefully ford service can speed that up.

Motor wise it's bone stock with FR catch cans and a resonator delete.

Suspension wise everything has been changed.

Every car till this one has had a tune, headers etc and I'm glad I didn't touch it because I'm certain I would have been laughed at.

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
That sucks. Sorry that happened to you.

Sponsored

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

The car would stumble and die. It threw a cel and I found a cylinder one misfire and cylinder 3 misfire.

At that point I checked the dipstick and noticed milky oil, catch cans were also white in color.

Ford at Walnut Creek has been phenomenal with me. I dropped the car off Thursday night and gave me updates two times a day. The motor was taken out today and it looks like the intake valve dropped and started bouncing around causing coolant to get into the cylinder.

Ford has approved a motor replacement and it should be here within a month, hopefully ford service can speed that up.

Every car till this one has had a tune, headers etc and I'm glad I didn't touch it because I'm certain I would have been laughed at.

This is all good news (except for the blown engine). Walnut Creek Ford is top notch. They will take care of the car. You won't even know they did anything looking under the hood. Everything exactly how it should be. They actually take the time to remove the sub frame, change engine, steam clean engine bay and do a wheel alignment. None of that bullshit removing and installing from the top.

OP
OP
xXANCHORMONXx

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
This is all good news (except for the blown engine). Walnut Creek Ford is top notch. They will take care of the car. You won't even know they did anything looking under the hood. Everything exactly how it should be. They actually take the time to remove the sub frame, change engine, steam clean engine bay and do a wheel alignment. None of that bullshit removing and installing from the top.
I talked to him about that.

It makes me feel a lot better about everything.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Sunnyvale Ford seems to be a good service choice, and since its closer, Ill go there for maintenance. However, if my motor blows, ill be sure to take it to Walnut Creek. Thanks for the good info guys, and hope you get your new motor asap.

SF-2015 GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO Recaros
Joe Sarullo rocks... and he's a Mustang owner, too.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
"None of that bullshit removing and installing from the top"? Service manual instructs to remove from the top.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

You will be back on the road soon enough. I will never add tune to this motor. Reson being? Self explanatory

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
So, in my best technical jargon, SOMETHING WRONG!

OP
OP
xXANCHORMONXx

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
"None of that bullshit removing and installing from the top"? Service manual instructs to remove from the top.
You don't want to do that.

Have you ever pulled a motor?

It is a pain in the ass through the top on any car, your essentially trying to shoe horn it in without damaging anything.

Just about every car I know has the motor installed through the bottom at the factory.

The reason why the manual says that is because most mechanics were trained that way. Going out through the bottom means you need a table or jig to drop the motor onto which can be a hassle in itself.
Sponsored